Forum Discussion

AquaGamer1212
New Spectator
6 years ago

Stylist Career (Patch) + Get Famous

How do you think this new free career we’re getting is gonna tie in with the new pack? Since it’s partially active I wonder if we’d be able to style celebs and maybe even work on set. Although, that questions why it wasn’t apart of Get Famous in the first place so who knows.
  • "comicsforlife;c-16789735" wrote:
    when do you guys think we'll get the patch

It should be out the week before the pack comes out unless it gets delayed.
  • I'm hoping Tuesday the 13th. I really want to get started with the Style Influencer career.
  • I rewatched the twitch stream again and I can't wait to make over some of my townie sims. I took my sim couple out to dinner last night to one of my formal restaurants and another sim showed up in shorts and sandals. Everyone else was in formal wear.

Although with how long it takes to eat doing makeovers at restaurants might not be such a good idea. :p
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16790563" wrote:
    "Hermitgirl;c-16790208" wrote:
    Do we know if the trends start because of what the stylist wears or because of how they dress folks?

I would think it's how your sim styles other sims. Maybe after two or three in the same outfit, others begin to pick up on the style too.

Kind of hoping it's this I want my stylist to dress outlandishly but start trends that look more like I'd like more townies to look and dress as..
  • "stilljustme2;c-16790190" wrote:
    "Writin_Reg;c-16789069" wrote:
    "simgirl1010;c-16788772" wrote:
    I think they were both responding to the second part of your post, why it wasn't included in the expansion.

Well the ep has it's own influencer in the form of Baby Ariel who covers music, teen type stuff and is a online celeb - but I have no idea how the free patch one will tie in. Probably as Danny said - a way to influence the townies maybe seeing it was not meant for the ep. But that is only a guess. They really haven't given a lot of info on it as far as I can see even though I did watch the video -

And I'm planning to delete her the first chance I get. >:) If I want a style influencer, I'll either create my own or put Diego Lobo in that role so he can dress every male Sim in floral suits. :#

I’m either deleting her or changing her name lol ?
    Pegasyms
    New Spectator
    "Writin_Reg;c-16802443" wrote:
    "AquaGamer1212;c-16791228" wrote:
    "stilljustme2;c-16790190" wrote:
    I think they were both responding to the second part of your post, why it wasn't included in the expansion.

Well the ep has it's own influencer in the form of Baby Ariel who covers music, teen type stuff and is a online celeb - but I have no idea how the free patch one will tie in. Probably as Danny said - a way to influence the townies maybe seeing it was not meant for the ep. But that is only a guess. They really haven't given a lot of info on it as far as I can see even though I did watch the video -

And I'm planning to delete her the first chance I get. >:) If I want a style influencer, I'll either create my own or put Diego Lobo in that role so he can dress every male Sim in floral suits. :#

LOL. I cannot say things like that (or so I found out) my granddaughters, and niece and nephew would totally flip if I did or said such things about Baby Ariel. I could see it now - that would be a disaster in the making if I changed my mind and decided to get this pack - as right now I am of the mindset of passing it completely as I do feel I can take so few lots as it would not make sense to me in a world based on Hollywood to have Sims commuting. Poor, early sims wanting to be actors don't commute and don't have vehicles to commute - and it is beside me why there are no rooming houses or sleazy cheap motels or apts in a town supposed to be representing Hollywood - never mind 6 houselots that do not have rentals. It's a little too unrealistic for my taste and not sure I can get past that no matter how much I liked the acting part.

But on the other hand I can escape our younger simming members of my family not understanding why I don't see Baby Ariel as the best thing since sliced bread. LOL. Apparently she stops bullying as her greatest asset - and I should know that and respect it - or so I was told by a certain 13 year old in my family.

I know you've pretty much decided against the pack, and that's cool. But just throwing out some ideas - one could make one of the lots in the poorer neighborhood a multifamily lot. I saw another simmer has designed something for their up-and-coming actor wannabees, and it looked pretty neat. Or, since southern California is sprawling and people commute for hours IRL, Oasis Springs could be a perfect adjacent community for DSV, and all the poor folk could live there (unlike NY more people in LA do in fact have a car, since getting around is more difficult without).
  • "Pegasys;c-16802802" wrote:

LOL. I cannot say things like that (or so I found out) my granddaughters, and niece and nephew would totally flip if I did or said such things about Baby Ariel. I could see it now - that would be a disaster in the making if I changed my mind and decided to get this pack - as right now I am of the mindset of passing it completely as I do feel I can take so few lots as it would not make sense to me in a world based on Hollywood to have Sims commuting. Poor, early sims wanting to be actors don't commute and don't have vehicles to commute - and it is beside me why there are no rooming houses or sleazy cheap motels or apts in a town supposed to be representing Hollywood - never mind 6 houselots that do not have rentals. It's a little too unrealistic for my taste and not sure I can get past that no matter how much I liked the acting part.

But on the other hand I can escape our younger simming members of my family not understanding why I don't see Baby Ariel as the best thing since sliced bread. LOL. Apparently she stops bullying as her greatest asset - and I should know that and respect it - or so I was told by a certain 13 year old in my family.

I know you've pretty much decided against the pack, and that's cool. But just throwing out some ideas - one could make one of the lots in the poorer neighborhood a multifamily lot. I saw another simmer has designed something for their up-and-coming actor wannabees, and it looked pretty neat. Or, since southern California is sprawling and people commute for hours IRL, Oasis Springs could be a perfect adjacent community for DSV, and all the poor folk could live there (unlike NY more people in LA do in fact have a car, since getting around is more difficult without).

I appreciate your suggestion but the 5 households I had been working on and skilling up to use in this pack already has 7-8 sims in each one so multi - housing will not help. It was not just 5 sims it was 5 households of sims I had planned to move there.

It was not an outrageous number seeing we always have at least 5 empty residential lots in a new EP world. No they decide to give us terrain tools and then give us less lots to use them on for no good reason I can see what ever - but it is what it is....

No I just have to pass - regardless of how much I wanted the pack - cutting down the lots and messing up my vision for the world is just something I'd just rather not deal with. I need to not be annoyed and this would definitely annoy me. But thank you anyway. I appreciate the thought and suggestions.

Also I have most of the OS hood filled in with Venues, except for the Maxis sims - so not possible. Besides poor actors are not commuting in Hollywood, and they are definitely not buying houses - not at LA prices they aren't.
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Writin_Reg;c-16802850" wrote:
    "Pegasys;c-16802802" wrote:

I appreciate your suggestion but the 5 households I had been working on and skilling up to use in this pack already has 7-8 sims in each one so multi - housing will not help. It was not just 5 sims it was 5 households of sims I had planned to move there.

It was not an outrageous number seeing we always have at least 5 empty residential lots in a new EP world. No they decide to give us terrain tools and then give us less lots to use them on for no good reason I can see what ever - but it is what it is....

No I just have to pass - regardless of how much I wanted the pack - cutting down the lots and messing up my vision for the world is just something I'd just rather not deal with. I need to not be annoyed and this would definitely annoy me. But thank you anyway. I appreciate the thought and suggestions.

Also I have most of the OS hood filled in with Venues, except for the Maxis sims - so not possible. Besides poor actors are not commuting in Hollywood, and they are definitely not buying houses - not at LA prices they aren't.

I don't like removing EA lots/families, either. But if I have to (and I obviously have to for this pack,) I just move the EA sims 'into the world' so they still exist. In my mind, they simply moved because I need those lots for my own sims. It's understandable though, if you don't want to do that. EA should have provided enough empty lots in the new world to avoid evicting anyone.
  • Look at the Acting career, it has new complex objects and a workplace, actual new content.

The Stylist career is just base game content.

After the huge backlash for City Living being basically just base game content I don't think they'll commit the same mistake twice.