Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Telescopes and Microscopes

Why are they so BIG?!
I really liked being able to look through my telescope on a small balcony and the idea of a microscope sounded really cool, that is until I actually went to buy it and it wouldn't fit anywhere -_-
I wish there were the option of either having them regular sized or the larger size because let's be honest, they're just ridiculous right now.
  • http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/article_main_half/public/images/74160.jpg?itok=YRrJ9XKt

The space creature wreck from Alien looks like the microscope of Sims4
  • > @Zolt65 said:
    > The space creature wreck from Alien looks like the microscope of Sims4

Now we know what aliens will look like if they ever introduce them to this game =)
  • I was just saying this today!!! I am hoping this new pack coming out has a smaller version of the telescope!
    JaseSims
    Seasoned Novice
    This is something that I found a bit perplexing myself. Especially with the lack of larger lot sizes, why would they decide to make this objects so massive in stature. If you have a family with multiple careers/hobbies it's almost impossible to put everything in their backyard. More so now that pools have returned.

Originally, I started building vertically to allow for more yard space; however, since we can't build beyond 3 stories that really didn't help at all. I thought about making a flat rooftop and use it (which works nice in Oasis Springs, but looks out of place in Willow Creek).
  • A massive microscope and massive observatory on the roof... that's a sad thing to have to resort to :( hope it doesn't look too awful
  • Just to add to the silliness of this design decision is that fact that they are so damned noisy
  • > @Jase said:
    > blueasbutterfly‌ Overall, putting them on the rooftop doesn't really look "too horrible" if you go the "modern" route with building; however, this type of design doesn't "blend" well in Willow Creek (if you ask me).
    >
    >
    >
    > Plus, I really don't want to have build all of my sim's homes like this either. So, hopefully we'll see either smaller scaled versions of these items or much larger lots.

Your house looks really nice :) But agreed, it won't work with all design types. What about my cabin scientists :(
  • "Jase;13132731" wrote:
    @blueasbutterfly‌ Overall, putting them on the rooftop doesn't really look "too horrible" if you go the "modern" route with building; however, this type of design doesn't "blend" well in Willow Creek (if you ask me).

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/gallery/53/2426-020115120014.png

Plus, I really don't want to have build all of my sim's homes like this either. So, hopefully we'll see either smaller scaled versions of these items or much larger lots. :)

Very well done! It looks great! I have a microscope on the balcony of my willow creek house but it takes up like 80% of the space xD
  • You can use the microscope by making it smaller. I have used it for my balcony and it fits just right. To scale things bigger or smaller make sure you have the cheats on: (PS4) - press all four buttons (L1, L2, R1 and R2. Then type TESTINGCHEATS TRUE (no caps). Then do the same and type BB.MOVEOBJECTS ON (no caps). To scale bigger/smaller items press L2 + R2 + left or right on D-pad. (PC/LAPTOP) its: HOLD SHIFT + USE to scale.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,037 PostsLatest Activity: 10 minutes ago