Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The problem with The Sims 4 beards

Okay, weird topic title, but hear me out. I've noticed that Sims that are "naturally created" (and by this I mean Sims who started out as a Child or younger) who grows up into adulthood will never have a beard, unless you edit it on them in CAS mode. It's a minor inconvenience but it irks me that the game doesn't generate beards on their own when transitioning from Teen to Young Adult, but the game removes the beards on Young Adults to Teens when edited on CAS mode?

Townies only have beards because they were generated as Young Adults and up. But if you're generated as a Teen, tough luck. The game will never create a beard for you on your own.

Playing legacy families is kind of annoying this way because unless you specifically want them to have a beard, they're all gonna look baby faced. Let me know your thoughts on this. Is there something wrong with my game? Is this issue just specific to me? Thanks!
  • "LR31O;c-16490801" wrote:
    "Anthonydyer;c-16489900" wrote:
    I don't consider beards a genetic thing. What beard your dad has is irrelevant unless maybe your parents required you to have a beard a certain way. In real life it is a choice. I choose to have facial hair. I think it is pretty reasonable to just add on a beard if you want it.

oof it definitely is a genetic thing though. not everyone can grow a beard my dude. i myself can't grow full beard; only a thin mustache and a goatee but nothing else so i just shave it off. it depends on what kind of beard your father can grow.

It's true that most people with beards have Y chromosomes (which you can only get from your father), but the factors in how those beards grow or whether or not they will grow can come from either side of the family. My father can grow a pretty good beard but I can't.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 23 minutes ago