Forum Discussion

4 years ago

The Sims 4.5 - What would you like to see? (Interview with Graham)

https://www.gamesradar.com/simgurugraham-on-the-future-of-the-sims-4-theres-way-more-that-we-can-still-do-with-this-title/

In this article from yesterday, SimguruGraham gives a little sneak peak into the future of TS4. He basically says that the team strives to give players the depth they want in the game, but with an unexpected twist (i.e. sentiments and lifestyles). He also says that this iteration isn't done yet and that there's more content coming. Between the lines, it sounds like EA is hinting at a next phase for TS4.

"There's such a diverse range of topics and features that we could cover, the possibility space of what we can do within The Sims 4 is just humongous," Nardone tells me when I ask about the potential of a new game. "I think that just goes to show that there's way more that we can still do within this title, and our players are plenty hungry for more content that we can give in. That's a good problem to have."

The article literally calls it: "Less The Sims 5, more The Sims 4.5".

What do you think this game needs to be upgraded to a 4.5 version? What changes would you like to see?

Personally I think the game could rise to a 4.5 level if they would:

- Update all the original basegame hairs to be more detailed (see the last few packs for the improved hair quality)
- Optimize the game for newer PCs and work on the low framerate & graphics issues
- Spend even more time on fixing bugs
- Completely overhaul the emotions (their durance and impact on autonomy) and memory systems
- Replace all world maps with moving 3D map-views (no open world but 3d maps like TS2 had)
- Introduce a new main menu that is a bit more inviting

What do you think?