Forum Discussion

5 years ago

This is actually insulting: A veteran simmers last straw.

At no point do I not take responsibility for my own choice to keep buying/playing the sims, as angry as I am at EA/The Sims, there is also some anger toward myself for refusing to look at the overall and call it quits because at this stage, upon this game pack release, I am ready to put down the game and walk away because...WHAT IS THIS?!

At first, I was indifferent with the whole star wars them, more aliens I thought, Outerspace, expansion on the occult (Are aliens occult?), new normals, new stories, new ways for my creations to live and breathe and spend their time...and then I got the new pack and everything just felt cheap.

This didn't even seem like a sell-out, it just looked cheap and quick and sad.

And I feel so horrible because people have worked on this but then as a customer, there is a right to review the product and we shouldn't feel bad about having an actual opinion on something whether good or bad as long as its real and not one of those Karen situations but the game pack...IS TERRIBLE! I say this despite going through the whole pet stuff pack because even that was better! It didn't try to be anything other than what it is, which was just cute furniture with dogs/cats/small things on it!

Maybe I'm overreacting but this has been going on for so, plumming long, from day 1, we've been given not even half-hearted content that has taken years to repair/alter/improve, it took two years for toddlers! longer for spiral/twisty stairs! Even now you can only go by blocks instead of a perfect circle. LADDERS! do not get me started on ladders.

There is just so much that only now am I looking back on and losing complete hope for, after years of optimism, I'm agreeing with those I persistently argued with because, in my mind, they were simply quick to throw their hands up and to those simmers, I'm sorry,
Now I get it, after MANY expansions/game packs/stuff packs/updates, let downs and disappointments, it feels time to throw up the white flag and walk because at this stage, the sims 4 is never going to improve to where it's enjoyable long term. NEVER.

We still don't have cars, proper skin tone refs, playable babies, small pets (Apart from the small hampster/beast thing), a larger occult base, accurate hairstyles, makeup, so much, the game lacks so much and inevitably, we're going to hit sims 5/6/7/42, so what's left to get invested in when presumably next year there'll be the trailer for the next sims? It's not long now, seeing as we've hit the six-year mark.

Personally, I've got my hopes on Paralives, even in the DEV stage there's been more open contact/updates on its creation and staff are incredibly open to suggestions for content, yes it's a different game and it's not a huge company and all but we should've had that sort of back and forth with EA, and we don't, even the Guru's are playing the quiet card and it's reached that point where it feels like you're talking to that friend in your group who pretends to listen and then discusses politics when all you've done is ask if that pug was brindle or light grey with spots.

There is a level of "We can't discuss this because of XYZ" and then there is "We've got no answers so here's a completely different/confusing/pointless excuse so you don't get mad even though this will just make you feel ignored even more"

To the Guru's/Staff, I apologize if anything seems rude or too critical/off point but it's just that time where I feel this needs to be said, despite countless others saying their own peace long ago.

To the community, I hope you take something from this and don't read the thread as some bitter vintage sims fan with an ax to grind because through my childhood sims was so utterly important, through the deaths of my parents, general life changes, and various accidents, one that rendered me with permanent nerve damage, Sims has been there and kept my mind busy while managing things and to see it go from ever-expanding to this is upsetting and angering and maybe I'm putting too much on a game about human-like creatures you kill by trapping in a pool and removing the ladder but I loved the sims and have such happy memories playing as a child; coming home to find a new expansion on the desk or my dad rebuilding the computer for the 8th time just to make sure I could play it even though he knew in a couple of months he'd be back changing some random part, because yet again, sims downed it. It's always been more than just a game, hence this post.

Gonna head off now since this is more a depressing ramble than a mild rant.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Keep simming