Forum Discussion

EmeraldEyles
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Unofficial Bugs/Game Issues Survey

Because I'm assuming that EA reads these forums and/or that information gets passed onto the powers that be:

Answer any of the following that apply to you.

1) What, if any, bugs and/or game issues are you currently experiencing? (if you are not experiencing any issues just answer 'No Issues')

2) Do any of these bugs and/or game issues limit or interfere with your ability to play the Sims 4?

3) Do any of these bugs and/or game issues prevent you from playing the Sims 4?

4) Have any of of these bugs and/or game issues necessitated the use of mods in order for you to play the Sims 4?

5) What, if anything, have you tried to fix these issues? (eg followed recommendations for clearing cache, repaired game, updated drivers etc)

6) Have you reported these bugs and/or game issues to the EA help centre, or clicked on 'me too' for an existing bug report? (If no, why?)
  • **** Major Bugs for Me that Irritate the Snot Out of Me ****

1) What, if any, bugs and/or game issues are you currently experiencing? (if you are not experiencing any issues just answer 'No Issues')

• Wants/Fears WON'T STAY OFF after I shut them off if I travel, go into CAS, or switch households, or start a new session

• Plants STILL REVERT TO DIRT Piles, I don't even have any sims garden any more because it frustrates me to the point of rage quitting (and yes, I've tried every "fix" other simmers have suggest to try and fix it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2) Do any of these bugs and/or game issues limit or interfere with your ability to play the Sims 4?

Absolutely! I can't play the game like I want because of the constant (same) fears popping up and not cancelling out, or coming right back if they I do get them to cancel out, and I CAN'T SHUT THEM OFF!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From "playing" the game the way I want - YES! Just messing around in CAS or building/renovating/decorating - NO

4) Have any of of these bugs and/or game issues necessitated the use of mods in order for you to play the Sims 4?

Oh My Word! So so soooooo many mods to "fix" bugs and to tone down obsessive behavior that is TS4's motto (unfortuantely, the gardening bug Mods help, but they don't fix it 100%)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5) What, if anything, have you tried to fix these issues? (eg followed recommendations for clearing cache, repaired game, updated drivers etc)

All of the above!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6) Have you reported these bugs and/or game issues to the EA help centre, or clicked on 'me too' for an existing bug report? (If no, why?)

I have reported any bugs on the official bug forum for those that I didn't find an already reported bug report and I also click "ME TOO" if someone has already reported and the same bug is effecting me.

If I know that a bug is reported due to some MOD, I obviously don't report it, because that's on me.

But, in a vanilla game (newly generated TS4 folder in my documents, brand new save with absolutely no other saves in the folder or tray items), the bugs I listed above STILL HAPPEN!
    EA_Cade
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    This isn't the place for that. Please use Answers HQ for bugs and issues so that we can actually track them.
  • 1) What, if any, bugs and/or game issues are you currently experiencing? (if you are not experiencing any issues just answer 'No Issues')

Plants randomly reverting to dirt piles

Family tree is randomly broken leading to parents attempting to romance their children and siblings trying to romance other siblings (with romance bars included)

All elders have fear of death, which means they do almost nothing but run around screaming incoherently

Promotion goals on different careers randomly reset to zero once completed

Completed goals for aspirations also randomly reset to zero once completed

Can't complete a job on Dream Home Decorator (won't leave worksite at end of job)

Detective Career randomly won't allow me to interrogate suspects and/or arrested suspects don't appear in cell

Excessive phone usage

Sims randomly disappearing from screen, leaving only a floating plumbob to indicate where they are

Yes, greatly

I'm still playing the Sims 4, but mods have become a necessity rather than an option for me in order to play the game.

Yes, absolutely. Mods are no longer optional for me.

All of the above, including doing a complete factory reset & save reload. I'm also running the Sims 4 on a more than powerful enough computer, which is updated regularly.

I've reported most and clicked 'me too' on others. Those I haven't yet reported is because I'm either determining if it's an actual bug or just a game glitch and/or I don't always have the mental energy to go through the report process.
  • 1) What, if any, bugs and/or game issues are you currently experiencing? (if you are not experiencing any issues just answer 'No Issues')

In an unmodded game, I do experience Sims forgetting what they were told to do, toddlers all having the same face, plants revert to dirt piles, broken wants and fears, NPCs not keeping their roles, uncanny situation outfits, restaurants not working properly, guests not behaving their part, invitation phone calls mostly gone, Sims glitching out while aging up and a ton more that would make this thread explode if I mentioned them all.

Yes, expecially the unresponsive Sims one.

They would if mods didn't come to the rescue.

Yes, most of them have.

These issues are occuring in a Vanilla save freshly created in a new Sims 4 folder. I repair my game regularly and always keep my drivers updated.

Yes, a lot. I used to report bugs I had a solution for, but I don't do that anymore because it doesn't pay off. I don't get the feeling they're ready to look into a modder's suggestions on how to fix an issue. Other issues are just by design, e.g. I don't think EA would consider to not add any more idle animations that block the interaction queue or no new situation outfits. These are fairly easy to program, so they will push them out with every new pack and call it a day.
    I still use 'me too' a lot on existing bug reports and also point other people to existing bug reports for their problems on the German simforum.