Forum Discussion

pearlbh
Seasoned Newcomer
8 years ago

Vanity makeup question

How do you take makeup OFF? I've tried a few things and I think basically it will go away if you have your Sim do something that requires a change of clothes, like sleep, swim, shower. But just "change outfit" doesn't do it. Other than this I can't see any way to just take it off if you change your mind. I also don't think doing different makeup right after a type you don't like actually changes it either.
  • You do realize you are posting in the wrong section it should be in Gemeral Discussion.
    pearlbh
    Seasoned Newcomer

I don't think changing outfits works unless you have a makeup predefined for the outfit you are telling that sim to change into. I actually prefer that changing outfit wouldn't change makeup because in real life if you simply change your clothes your makeup doesn't come off. However, that would be my personal preference.

I think in my game I don't get a change in makeup if I just click on the Sim and tell them to change outfits. For example, if my Sim is still in their sleep outfit and I have them put on makeup, then tell them to change to everyday outfit, they will still be wearing the makeup they just put on at the vanity, not the makeup that goes with the everyday outfit. But I'm not sure. I know that any action that automatically forces a change of clothes will remove the vanity makeup though (sleep, workout, jog, swim.)

I don't know what happens with parties or weddings. It would be awful if you had, say a bride, sit at the vanity and put on makeup, only to have her lose it at the altar when she spins into her wedding dress....

janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "NZsimm3r;15425524" wrote:
    "EgonVM;15414039" wrote:
    "NZsimm3r;15413711" wrote:
    Just have your sim change their outfit. That removes it to.

It didn't for me. Only changing into swimwear helped, but to other outfit, it didn't...

Hmm, strange as changing outfits is supposed to work and does work for me. I guess yet another glitch. :/

You're probably thinking of makeup that was applied in CAS. Makeup from the vanity table does not come off when changing outfits (unless your sim changes clothes to sleep or swim.)
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/803715333609558016
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/803715477767753728
  • Ok, but someone might think it is funny, just like the Sims 3 going to the shop and have makeup, and sometimes it was so darn ugly, that I laughed my head off!
  • Can someone help me. I just bought the sims 4 glamour stuff pack for the vanity and i've been trying to use it but it's not working :cry: i've tried resetting my sim and the object and buying another vanity, doesn't work. I've tried putting on different makeup looks but none of them show up on my sim's face, although it says she is wearing makeup and can remove it. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • "pepperjax1230;c-15427250" wrote:
    "pearlbh;15426873" wrote:
    "pepperjax1230;15425800" wrote:
    You do realize you are posting in the wrong section it should be in General Discussion.

This is specific to Glamour Life content so it seems to belong here.
    Glamour Life Stuff is a SP not a GP so no its still in the wrong section.

This is totally unacceptable! Wrongly placed discussions give me full blown AIDS. Violators will be thrown in the chokey and forced to eat cowplant cake.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,035 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago