Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Wedding... Chef makes no wedding cake?

Anyone having this problem? I don't see any cakes but the chef making constant same dish?
  • This bug report for it is tagged as fixed:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Caterers-don-t-Cook-Wedding-Birthday-Cake/td-p/7053555

Read the thread and perhaps post in it and describe your issue in detail.

Make sure they can access everything they need, like counter, fridge, stove.
    Jooleeyuh
    Rising Adventurer
    I love when I've hired a caterer and some idiot guest barges into the kitchen to cook themselves a meal, thereby tying up the stove so the caterer can't bake my cake.
  • "Sharonia;c-17756392" wrote:
    Never trust hired chefs to do their job in the Sims 4. They almost always fail miserably at it.

this ^ and also make useless food like salad or grilled cheese and won't stop miss those charter tables we has ts3 much useful haha
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Sindocat;c-17756391" wrote:
    Wedding caterers - event caterers in general - are hit or miss. But as far as I know, no, they won't make the cake. You need to supply that yourself, if you want one.

It's supposed to be that when you plan a wedding and hire a chef, the chef will bake a wedding cake upon arrival. But it's broken now, or very unreliable. I never know if the chef will bake, or even show up.
  • I would say they don't make a cake more often than not. And sometimes when they do make one hey put it in the fridge or on the floor. Which is why I always have one of my sims make a cake beforehand put a wedding topper on and bring it with
  • This has been consistent since the start of the game for me. They are really hit or miss. I tend to have my sims make the meals themselves during the event. Then again I also always make sure wherever I throw events it has a full kitchen for them to use.