Forum Discussion

5 years ago

What gives you a "warm feeling" inside when playing?

Since reading on the bored thread in the feedback area, I have been thinking as to why I continue to play each iteration in the franchise and what made me fall in love with it in the first place.

I finally decided to create a post for everyone to share what thing or things in this franchise (From TS1-TS4) that gave and or still gives them that "warm feeling" inside etc.. Now this is not a comparison thread this is just a thread to share what made you fall in love with the franchise and why you continue to love the franchise etc.. Pictures are absolutely welcome if you would love to post.

I will start:

It all started when I went to visit my cousin and she called me over to her computer room to play something called The Sims. I was curious so I joined her and watched her play and the first thing I remember falling in love with was the build mode music. It was so pleasant and it was perfect for building (to this day I still listen to it whenever I'm renovating). After torturing me with playing nonstop, my cousin finally gave me a chance to play and that's when I experienced the gameplay and it's quirkiness and fell in love even more. The whistling of the papergirl so you knew when you newspaper was coming, the heart dropping robbers theme music, the out of control fires, the way sims would kiss to have a baby, the freakingly annoying baby cry and me trying to prevent it from being taken away. Just all of it.

For me the sims franchise has
and will always have a spot in my heart and I'm thankful for it. I have the fondest memories of the utter crazy, quirky, and humourous things I've experienced within this franchise.