Forum Discussion

7 years ago

faster cooking mod?

Is there a mod for faster cooking? This is next up on my list of things to change before I get into long term playing. So far I have mods for faster eating and drinking (but am still awaiting help on how to make it even faster), faster shower/bath (I adjusted to my liking and easy to identify the stuff to change), and faster bladder, hunger, and hygiene (also adjusted to my liking and easy to identify the stuff to change). If there is not a mod where do I find what needs to be changed to make a mod for it? Thanks.
  • Naturally, mods conflict with one another, especially when they attempt to alter or rely on the same element. It wouldn't have any negative side effects had conflicts been addressed - yet it is common knowledge that if a mod changes something that another relies upon, the probability is that you'd have a conflict. The mod does still function decently, despite not being updated since late 2015.
    Apparently, MC Command Centre has the ability to lengthen the day if IceM's script mod wasn't up to par. IceM's mod also required Get to Work and Outdoor retreat, which I believe (but not certain) is not required for MCCC.
  • > @ipippin said:
    > Naturally, mods conflict with one another, especially when they attempt to alter or rely on the same element. It wouldn't have any negative side effects had conflicts been addressed - yet it is common knowledge that if a mod changes something that another relies upon, the probability is that you'd have a conflict. The mod does still function decently, despite not being updated since late 2015.
    > Apparently, MC Command Centre has the ability to lengthen the day if IceM's script mod wasn't up to par. IceM's mod also required Get to Work and Outdoor retreat, which I believe (but not certain) is not required for MCCC.

ive been using MCCC for a few months now and still figuring it out as i continue to explore...i wasnt awayre that you could lengthen days which is such a cool feature! tysm for telling us! :)
  • I don't believe there is a quicker cooking time for TS4 (though there is for TS3). There is, however, a time speed alteration mod, so you can make days go by quicker or slower. By making the day go slower, you'd have more time in the day to not cook, however, it wouldn't necessarily speed up the time of cooking.
    It's called Time Speed Changer by IceM on Mod The Sims.
  • Unfortunately changing the game time speed has all sorts of side effects on several of the other mods I used. For some reason it's like this: A sim minute is by default 25 intervals and by changing the time to go real time slower to a sim minute taking twice as long real time it becomes 50 intervals. The game appears to rely on the intervals per sim minute rather than the number of sim minutes to pass. Which inadvertently breaks I assume all mods that have some sort of time frame.

For example the mod that allows you to borrow simoleans like real life borrowing money changing the game time speed so that a sim minute is 4 times longer of real like time breaks the mod such that a loan that is seen as having ran its week(s) long course of being payed off after a single sim day has passed and I never even made a payment on them.

I did find one mod that makes cooking faster on some sort of cooking station. But my impression is that is something to do with whatever expantion lets you own your own business and is an object strictly for that kind of lot. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on making cooking faster for sims at home or not. I am having a hard time deciphering the original files that would be modded to make such a thing happen. I seem to remember earlier sims games being much easier to decipher and mod than this one is.

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,703 PostsLatest Activity: 8 hours ago