Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How do you get the pop-up color swatches in buy mode???

I have been playing Sims 4 since it came out, and I still have not figured out how to get the little color swatch pop-up menu in buy mode to work. To explain specifically what I'm talking about, when I watch other people on YouTube play Sims 4, when they have placed an item in Buy/Build mode, they are then able to hover over or click on the item (I'm not sure which) and the little menu of colors for that item pops up, so they can choose a color from there instead of having to go back into the catalog every time they want to change it. Does anyone know how to do that or if it's a cheat that I can do??? Thank you in advance if you can help me! ^_^
  • Hello
    After you have placed the item, go to the top of the build mode screen and the third button along is the swatch button . Click on that, then click on the item that you have placed , then the swatch options will come up.
  • Its called the design tool. In build mode at the top of the screen you will see a bunch of buttons. Its the third one I believe that is the design tool.
  • Or if you want to choose the color before you place the item, click on the item in the catalog, then move your mouse a little to click on the list of tiny colour swatches at the bottom left of the popped up item.
    Alistu
    New Spectator
    Another method of choosing the design you want is after you select it from the catalogue, but BEFORE you let go of it, press the + symbol on the numberpad to cycle through the designs. The - symbol cycles backwards. This method doesn't work once the object has been placed though, even if you pick it up again.
  • "Jazz716;15039044" wrote:
    Thank you so much rosemow!! :D

Hello :)
    You're welcome! Happy simming!

Just a little bit of information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and have a your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,678 PostsLatest Activity: 9 hours ago