Forum Discussion

TV_CatFish
Newcomer
7 hours ago

Sims cas crashing since new update

Ever since updating my game I've had crashing after exiting CAS. It seems to only happen when it comes to households, like editing a pre-existing character or adding one into a new household.

I've taken out my mods and it still happens, I've repaired the game, and I've moved my sims folder out of the Electronics Arts folder also. When making a completely new save in those conditions (even with adding my mods in) It's fine, though if I add my old saves CAS crashes again.

I don't know what to do and I don't want to lose all my saves, is there any way to fix this without having to delete all of them?

• Im having the same issue, it was suggested to make sure when in the main menu option to go to the settings of the gameplay where you select to enable mods to tick the "direct x9" option, & I found when in vanilla it worked, I can't get past my main menu screen with mods so I need to go do a 50/50 method to sort that issue. Hopefully selecting the direct x9 helps you though!

TV_CatFish
      Newcomer

yeah it seems to work for my modless save, thank you. I'll need to do the same thing w/ my mods.