Forum Discussion

Sim4Lorn
Rising Traveler
2 months ago

Error code 0 PS4

I just had a similar problem but wasn't sure where to post it... For the first time in memory my game failed to save. It said "Error message o". Then when I tried to save again... my previous save file had vanished... which made my heart skip a beat... I created a new save which seems to have worked. If I had lost all previously saved progress I would have been devastated!! Scary glitch!! I've also noticed frozen (non-responsive) Sims more frequently. I have to use the "reset object" cheat almost constantly, now. Traveling crashes the game 50% of the time - but that's been an issue since day one, nothing new there.  (PS4 gamer here)

• I just had this issue today and creating a new save file worked for me. I can no longer overwrite the one I had, freaked me out! I was worried I lost the whole save file!

• Hello Sim4Lorn,

Don't overwrite the current game by clicking on to Backup, but click on Save as, in order to save the current game as a new saved game under a different name from the one it had when it was to its launch.

If you use the "Save" option, the save file for the current game will be overwritten. This is why you can no longer see the old save file. This file has been overwritten by the "Save" option you have just run on your current game.

It's also preferable not to launch your current game by clicking on Resume, but rather to click on Load game, in order to open the window showing all your game parts saves, and then choose the very last of them, or the one of your choice, depending on what you wanted to play at the time (an old game save, a challenge in progress and saved on another game save, or a game from one of the scenarios offered in the game and that is still unfinished). 

As for the current game that could not be saved, and that displayed an error message code 0".

Check your console storage space and your online storage space. Low storage space can potentially disrupt the save process of your current game. Low storage space can block the process and prevent you from saving.

This error "Error while saving. Error code: 0" was reported in July 2023, a bug report had been opened on the English forum : [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Save Error 0 (Patch 1.86.166).
    This report continued at the beginning of this year, and has been relaunched more vigorously for a week.
    Do not hesitate to go there and click the Me too button of the first published report.