Forum Discussion

LittleLad333
Rising Newcomer
2 months ago

packs not loading

my game starts up but when I go to pick a household to play it keeps on saying that I need to reinstall the packs? I've tried restarting the game, my laptop, etc. but nothing is working.

I'm playing on a Mac.

• LittleLad333  This sounds like a known issue having to do with where your base game and packs are installed.  Please see this post for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-packs-aren-t-loading-in-game/m-p/13790553#M1848

If that doesn't help, please run the Terminal command listed in that post for one or two missing packs and post the results here.  You can black out your username if you like, but please leave the rest intact.

• This isn't just a mac issue and it's been around for a good while now.  Unfortunately, all you can do is just continue to exit the game and re-start until the game decides to behave itself and recognize the purchased/installed packs. Nothing else - clearing cache/repair app, repair game - will work. It's annoying, I know, but it's a very "sensitive" game.