Forum Discussion

brugernavn21
Newcomer
8 hours ago

Crashing

I haven't played the Sims 4 in almost a year due to having a baby. I finally got the chance to log in today and had my heart set on building a house from an inspiration picture. I spent literally an hour and 30 minutes creating a family and building this house. I started putting the roof on and it got to a point where I was clicking but nothing was happening. I could move the roof around and rotate it, but I could not place it anywhere on the map. I even tried switching to furniture and could not place that either. I decided to go back to manage worlds then was stuck on the loading screen. The "tips" were scrolling across the screen but I sat for 15 minutes and it never would load. I also couldn't close out of it. I tried task manager (couldn't even get it to pull up because the Sims screen would not go away!) and I tried to right click from my bar at the bottom and close but that didn't work either. I ended up having to restart my entire computer. When I started the game up again, all of my hard work was GONE. Is anyone else having this problem after the update????

I also use NO cc or mods! I do have a lot of expansion packs and other DLC.

• brugernavn21  Your issue sounds somewhat like this, although it might not be a perfect match:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Can-t-make-changes-to-build/td-p/13291226

From what I've seen, Build mode bugging out in general has become somewhat more common recently, and there's no obvious explanation for it.  The trigger might be related to changes that came with the For Rent patch (last December) and that broke some previously-working builds as well, but I don't know for sure.  Point is, this is an ongoing issue with no clear fix or workaround; the only way forward is to save early and often, and keep backups.

The sims you created should be intact in your Library.  If you don't see an intact save when you load the game, create new sims and place them, then check your Library before entering Live mode.

And congratulations, and I hope you're getting at least a little sleep by now.

About The Sims 4 Technical Issues - PC

PC players get help with their technical issues in The Sims 4 here.423 PostsLatest Activity: 35 minutes ago