Forum Discussion

LaunchSneezes
Seasoned Hotshot
28 days ago

dlc issue

Soooo I logged into my account with no dlc on my pc to create a base game build. It's just easier to make sure that I don't accidentally add in something that isn't base game. Because...I would. However, when I logged back into my main account, my game is now having to re-download the 14 gigs of dlc and for some reason it's just...so slow. I am not sure why logging into a completely different steam account and ea account would cause my main account's dlc to be uninstalled? Dunno, but I thought I should mention it because hopefully this can be prevented from happening again! Even I don't have time to wait ten hours for weirdly uninstalled dlc to reinstall lol.

Thanks guys. Keep doing a great job, and all that.

• LaunchSneezes  This happens sometimes, I mean the DLC getting uninstalled when you sign into an account that doesn't own the content.  There are ways around it, but the simplest approach is to only use one account and disable the packs you don't want loading.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

You could create the disablepacks string once and save it somewhere convenient (e.g. a Notepad file), then apply it whenever you want and remove it afterwards.

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Hotshot

I read that thing, I don’t know if it is my cognitive difficulties from brain damage and disabilities, or if it is my task paralysis and executive dysfunction and anxiety, but it seems soooo stressful and complicated, I just can’t lol. I know I’m stupid. I think I’ll just toggle “base game” on my main account and continually check to make sure it’s on, or maybe use the downstairs computer for my account without packs? Thanks for the information, I’m just too dumb to use it 🫣