Forum Discussion

karolidvo
Seasoned Novice
2 months ago

EA app and The Sims 4 won´t launch

Hi everyone,

I have this issue since today where I can´t open the EA app and The Sims 4 at all. When I click on the EA app nothing happens, same with the Sims. I tried restarting my computer but that didn´t help. When I restart the computer, the EA app tries to load but only a small white square in the middle of my desktop pops up, but that´s it. Then when I close the white square, the EA app becomes completely unresponsive when I try to open it again. Not even the white square shows up. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

alliee0
    2 months ago

I was having problems also loading my game, lately I’ve been having trouble with my sims 4 in general, I used to be able to just click on my sims 4 icon and the whole game would pop up but then something happened and now I have to log into EA and then i can open sims 4. I had to download some other extension of the EA app, called “EAappinstaller” something like that (I’m not very good with computers, i literally have no idea how i got this but all I know is it works) when I was having problems not being able to open sims 4 or the EA app, I clicked on that extension since it’s a different icon on my desktop and it gave me the option to repair the EA app. It ran a report, instructed me to restart my computer and then everything was fine from there. I wish i could give a more detailed response but I literally have no idea how I did this lol

• I had a similar issue but my problem could only be solved through task manager and terminate the "EA Background" and everything connected to EA - then it worked - though we are a large amount of simmers who can't use the game at the moment because of the latest updates.

• karolidvo  Try uninstalling the EA App with Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine).  Restart your computer before reinstalling.  If you use a third-party antivirus, set an exception for EADesktop.exe as well.

The Sims 4 issue may be entirely due to the EA App issue.

• This happens to me probably twice a week and I have to delete ea play and redownload it 

Bird166
    Seasoned Newcomer

Have you tried updating the EA app?  Type EA in the bottom left corner of your screen, it should bring up EA App Updater, click on that. It will update the app to the latest version.  This works for me whenever the app won't open.  Hope it helps you!

karolidvo
      Seasoned Novice

Nothing happens when I click on the updater :( But thanks anyway!

alliee0
        Seasoned Newcomer

I was having problems also loading my game, lately I’ve been having trouble with my sims 4 in general, I used to be able to just click on my sims 4 icon and the whole game would pop up but then something happened and now I have to log into EA and then i can open sims 4. I had to download some other extension of the EA app, called “EAappinstaller” something like that (I’m not very good with computers, i literally have no idea how i got this but all I know is it works) when I was having problems not being able to open sims 4 or the EA app, I clicked on that extension since it’s a different icon on my desktop and it gave me the option to repair the EA app. It ran a report, instructed me to restart my computer and then everything was fine from there. I wish i could give a more detailed response but I literally have no idea how I did this lol

• Have you tried clearing the app cache? That works for me. Just typing in “app recovery” in the search bar and it should pop up to “clear cache.”

karolidvo
      Seasoned Novice

I couldn´t find the clear cache option anywhere but I found this in the app data of the EA launch helper. Is this it? Should I delete the whole folder or just the files that are inside?

TyParis15
    Seasoned Newcomer

Having the same problem. I updated and now sims 4 won't even launch no matter how many times I restarted it. don't know what to do

mnorr14
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same issue even after restarting the computer nothing, took out my mods and cc. Every since the patch update I can't even load the EA app. 

karolidvo
      Seasoned Novice

I didn´t even update the game yet, so it must be some problem with the app itself. :(

• Hi karolidvo , I have the same problem, the application only starts if I restart the service (Windows) - win + r, services.msc, right-click on EABackgroundService and restart.

karolidvo
      Seasoned Novice

I tried doing the steps that you wrote here but I don´t have the restart option. It´s grey and I can´t click on it :(

74yfpc94tkz3
        New Novice

Oh, that's a pity! You could also try stopping the service by clicking 'Stop' if it's not greyed out, and then run it again by clicking 'Run.' Unfortunately, I need to do this every time I want to play The Sims — so much fun! 😑