Forum Discussion

MrsLemonetta
Newcomer
13 hours ago

Game doesn't open after updating

Hi, 

I just updated the game and the game just start to get fast black and then white screens until it stays in a wait screen with the cursor like it's loading.

Before that I had no problem and just a few days ago bought some new add-ons, again, without a problem. It started after the update.

I use a laptop that's pretty new so I know it's not about computer requeriments, I use no mods or cc. Launched via Origin like always. Tried the repair game already but it didn't work.

Please, help needed, thanks.

• I'm experiencing something similar.  I am on Mac and I played my game a few days ago and it was fine. But now I am stuck on the loading screen and cannot get to the main menu.  Quit my game twice and still the same issue. 

• MrsLemonetta  If you have any files in ConfigOverride, please delete them.

Otherwise, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how it runs.

If you get another crash, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

puckspaperbacks  The clean user folder might help you as well.  But if not, please create your own thread in the Mac tech forum, or better yet, on Answers HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

EleanorMuffin
      Newcomer

Hello! I am having the identical problem, (white loading screed with spinning blue circle after downloading patch, game was running perfectly the day before), here are the things I've tried:
      1. I have no mods or CC installed, so it's not that.
      2. Restarting all the things multiple times: EA app, my computer, the game, etc.
      3. Running a 'repair' in the EA app and restarting.
      4. Moving my The Sims folder to my desktop and downloading and running a clean install. Same problem persists.
      5. Filing a bug report in the EA app.
      6. I am supplying your suggested file. :)

Note: The EA help page under "My Cases">start a new case link brings me to a forum page and I get to enter an infinite loop of unhelpfulness. I asked around on Reddit and folks were really nice but there is no solution that worked and my game is broken for now. I suppose I can uninstall and reinstall? Revert my PC to the version before the patch, but I don't think that will work either. I'm at a loss.
      I appreciate your help and taking the time to answer questions!

• I could have written this exact description because am having the identical problem.

Been playing the Grim's challenges, having a great time. Bought a bundle, installed and played perfectly. I downloaded and installed the patch, and now the game won't open. I'm going to put all of the things I've tried in a reply below, but I'm honestly kind of relieved to not be the only person with this identical problem, even though it's frustrating. I spent an hour + searching and trying solutions last night.