Forum Discussion

Acantha77
Seasoned Newcomer
4 days ago

Installing Expansion Pack

Hi all, I recently bought the Disc expansion pack of Get to work. I’ve inserted it into the laptop but it wont let me download it as it wants to go through the Origin app. I even tried un installing the EA app and redownloaded Origin to try make it work but it didn’t work. 

I have also tried just putting the download of it in my files into my Sims 4 files but that didn’t work too. The game says I don’t own the pack.

I bought it second hand from CEX so the code is saying it has already been used. Shall I just get a refund and send the Disc back or email them? 

Sorry for the long post just don’t know if I’m just being stupid or if it is impossible 

Thank you for your time :)

• Acantha77  This copy of Get to Work is unusable because the code has already been redeemed.  Even in the Origin days, it wouldn't have worked: Origin wouldn't have loaded the pack unless it was already in your game library.  So yes, your only move here is to try to get a refund.

If you do still want the expansion, it should be on sale for 50-60% off during Black Friday week, if not before.  Most expansions are heavily discounted during that week.  You can buy it directly through the EA App rather than trying to find a physical copy, and then there's no risk of receiving a used code.

• Acantha77  This copy of Get to Work is unusable because the code has already been redeemed.  Even in the Origin days, it wouldn't have worked: Origin wouldn't have loaded the pack unless it was already in your game library.  So yes, your only move here is to try to get a refund.

If you do still want the expansion, it should be on sale for 50-60% off during Black Friday week, if not before.  Most expansions are heavily discounted during that week.  You can buy it directly through the EA App rather than trying to find a physical copy, and then there's no risk of receiving a used code.