Forum Discussion

SimObsessions
Seasoned Newcomer
16 hours ago

My Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

I went from a laptop to a desktop. Ever since the update and change my game keeps crashing, without warning. I have uninstalled it several times, and I am currently playing with ZERO mods. I assumed I had a bad mod or cc.... even after removing ALL cc and mods, it keeps crashing. I attached a DxDiag... please help.

• I made no changes and mine has been crashing all morning too.  I am so over having a game I spend thousands of dollars on not work.  This is trash. 

• SimObsessions  Thanks for including a dxdiag and testing without mods.  Most of the errors in your dxdiag are system issues, so please run a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
    • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
    • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes, and enter
    • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
    • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
    • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
    • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes, and enter
    • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

Please try again to play, this time in a new save in one of the base game worlds, still with no mods or custom content.  If you get another crash, look for new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  Today is on the right.

Look for an error that happened at exactly the time of your most recent Sims 4 crash, after running DISM and sfc.  If you find one, double-click it to see more details, then copy that info and paste it into a reply here.  If you don't see a new error, check back in an hour or so—the Reliability Monitor doesn't always update right away.

toots2184  If you'd like help as well, please test with no mods or custom content, and if you get another crash, post a dxdiag.