Forum Discussion

24 hours ago

Sims 4 Crashing after update 9/18/24

I've had sims 4 since it came out I play on my laptop and have never once experienced crashing until this update i don't have mods only some CC i love this game and it makes me so sad i cant play since the more and more I've been trying it keeps crashing more ive repaired the game and everything and cleared cache

• 8369232af5024943  If you use Reshade, Gshade, or any other utility that changes how the game looks, please remove it, then run a game repair (EA App game library > Sims 4 > Manage > Repair).

Please also remove any files in ConfigOverride.

If that doesn't help, please open the Nvidia Control Panel (right-click the desktop to see it), select Manage 3D Settings > Global settings, and choose the high-performance Nvidia processor rather than auto-select.  Even if you don't want to use this setting long-term, I'd like to know know whether it helps temporarily.

If you get another crash, please try playing in a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

The one service to leave enabled is the EABackgroundService, which the EA App needs in order to run.  Disable the rest as described.

When you reboot your computer, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down any service that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example anything from MSI Afterburner to RGB software might still be enabled.  If you accidentally kill a critical process and it doesn't restart on its own, just reboot your computer again.

Don't open anything other than Sims 4 and the EA App while testing, not even a browser window.

If this doesn't help either, please repeat the test, except with your computer offline.  You can sign into the EA App and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

8369232af5024943
      Newcomer

Unfortunately I tried it all and it didn’t work I removed all my cc and anything repaired the game twice and it’s still not working I’m losing hope :/