Forum Discussion

aippast0
Seasoned Newcomer
12 days ago

Sims 4 freezing/lagging, can't save

I had these lag and saving issues this week, and today my current save is totally unplayable (cant switch between my sims, cant go manage worlds, exit game properly etc.)

So now I tested brand new save with new sim in EA lot, and with quick testing everything seemed working fine.. So what can I do to fix that last gamesave to work? I also did run the dxdiag thing, tried repairing files in EA app, removed MODS etc.. I am not using Onedrive and I have Norton antivirus on my computer. 

• aippast0  When an issue is contained to one save, the cause isn't usually a system issue but rather something about that save.  So you'll need to test this particular save.  Start by moving your main household to a different lot, one of the default EA-made lots (nothing from the Gallery), and see whether it helps.  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

If that doesn't help, empty out your sims' inventories.

Please test with no mods or custom content at all, at least for now.

aippast0
      Seasoned Newcomer

I tested moving the household away and it seemed to work (I only played there a while). I didn't save, and got back to original lot and the game worked like 5 minutes. And I have now 2 different gamesaves that have done this, I can play less than a week and then it starts freezing/lagging. I can save, but the game won't let me close the game or go manage worlds etc. So I have to go through ctrl+alt+del. 

• aippast0  I've split your posts into their own thread because your issue sounds somewhat different, and it's easier for me to troubleshoot in a separate thread anyway due to how this site works.

If you move your sims to a different lot and play there indefinitely, do you run into the same issues?  Using "save as" to rename the save will prevent you from overwriting the original.

Please also provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.