Forum Discussion

Neonjello69
Seasoned Newcomer
10 days ago

sims 4 launches in background origins app

when I start the sims on windows 10 origins app the game just starts up in the background and I am unable to see or play the game. I can see that the game is running through system prosses and the play button on the origins app in gray as if the game is running. no error codes come up on the game or app

things I have tried:

• Fresh reinstall of origins app and sims 4 itself
  • clearing the cache in the origin's app
  • repairing the game
  • make sure game and app are up to date
  • downloaded the game on steam to see if I could launch from there. no luck
  • I went through permissions through properties of the game and app to allow all
  • made sure all the drivers were up to date on my pc
  • I have even put a fresh install of windows on my pc and fresh install of app and game, and it still does the same thing
  • I have watched a few YouTube videos on how to fix but have not found anything new I haven't tried

any suggestions for help would be appreciated thank you

• Neonjello69  Are you actually using Origin, or the newer EA App?  Origin was sunset for Windows over a year ago and shouldn't be used anymore.

At any rate, please create a new admin Windows account and try playing there.  Make it local (which is part of the key here, and your fresh Windows install might not have a local account), as in, don't link it to your Microsoft account.  You'll be able to (try to) launch Sims 4 without reinstalling anything.

If this doesn't help, please let me know what antivirus you use.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to  a post using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting options.