Forum Discussion

bluetvpaz
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Sims and EA just erased progress of my game!!

so i just updated the game to the most recent patch and stuff and i open the game and the last progress i see is from may 25, 2024...

ea app says i last played sims 4 on july 1, 2024...

ea and sims erased most of my progress from my external hard drive and my internal computer hard drive

i don't think that is legal in any way and i'm so pissed because i want it back and it won't let me have it back

even when i try to restore it says the last saved progress is may 25, 2024 which is incorrect

HELP

• Oh that really sucks. So many including me have had problems with this broken update. 

When you open the sims save file in your file explorer, there are a whole bunch of documents that start with "slot". Copy those onto your desktop or somewhere else. Just save them just in case cause those are your save files. Check the dates on them, when they were last modified. If these are also showing may 25th that's no good. If it shows July 1st then there's ways to restore it. 

Once you have copies of your saves on your desktop or where you choose, try repairing the game if you haven't already.

Open the ea app and in your library, open the sims tap (don't run the game). Next to the play button, there should be three dots, press that and there should be 3-4 options. Press "Repair" and it'll (hopefully) repair your game. 

Run the game again and see if anything changed. If not, let us know.

(I don't work for ea, I've just had similar problems like this before)

bluetvpaz
      Seasoned Newcomer

hey!

both my internal computer drive and my external hard drive don't have anything past may 25/26 except for when i saved an exited today, august 1

i have repaired the game and still nothing

• bluetvpaz  Is your Sims 4 user folder (saves, Tray, etc.) stored externally, or do you only keep backups there?  Is the game installed there too?  If so, are these two folders separate or combined?

Additionally, if OneDrive is running on your computer, whether you deliberately use it or not, check onedrive.com for your missing saves.  Look in both My Files and the Recycle Bin.

You can also search This PC for Slot_ , which should turn up any saves that landed elsewhere.

bluetvpaz
      Seasoned Newcomer

hey there!

so my onedrive didn't back it up and i have a copy of my sims 4 folder in my external hard drive (i don't have it currently in my documents folder mainly for storage purposes as i have lots of work stored)

i also did the search on this pc and nothing later than may 26, 2024 except for the current save i did today

puzzlezaddict
        Hero+

bluetvpaz  I honestly have no idea how the newer saves could have been removed from your external drive.  The EA App shouldn't touch that folder unless a game is installed there, and OneDrive can't access folders other than the ones it's programmed to sync.  I'm sorry that it happened and that I don't have a better answer.