Forum Discussion

PrincessFawn97
Rising Newcomer
8 days ago

The Sims 4 not Loading

So, I have been having this issue for a little over a month now. When I open the EA app, and click play on The Sims 4, it says I'm playing but nothing shows up on my screen, it stays on the home scree. I think go to my home screen and double click the sims 4 to open the game, it them opens my EA. app back up and says it needs an update and to visit the game hub. Nothing needs updated. I have done the app recovery and cleared the cache, I have restarted my computer several times, i have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Ea app and the game more than once, I have also repaired the game and still it will not work. I have no mods installed, my ran is 16gb I have 512gb storage and a 3.20hrtz on this new computer. Any other suggestions?

• PrincessFawn97  The update required message is a Known Issue with the EA App:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/EA-app-Error-quot-An-update-is-required-to-launch-this-game-quot/td-p/13817377

You can try uninstalling the App with Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine), but that doesn't help much of the time.  Otherwise, just try playing with the App in offline mode.  But please leave this for now in case the real issue is elsewhere.

Instead, since the game won't open, please move the entire Sims 4 user folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

Please only try to launch Sims 4 from within the EA App.  If the game throws the update required error again, try playing in offline mode.  If nothing happens at first (as now), instead of trying to launch Sims 4 from your desktop, stop there entirely and post a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon with the other formatting options.