Forum Discussion

Ex3o
Newcomer
7 hours ago

"There's a problem with your game's setup" patch 1.109

I’m having this issue above but I’m on windows 11 and did everything.

• Ex3o  You're specifically seeing the "there is a problem with your game's setup" error?  Then please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

• Ex3o  Please disconnect all nonessential peripherals, everything except the mouse and keyboard, restart your computer, and try again to play.  I'm not saying you can't use these going forward, but one of them may be an issue, or there might be a conflict between two of them, and this is a quick test.  If it helps, you can reconnect them one or two at a time and see what happens.

If that doesn't help, please clear the EA App's cache and repair the game, even if you have already.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help either, please look for new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  Today is on the right.

Look for an error that happened at exactly the time of your most recent attempt to launch Sims 4, specifically with all your extra devices disconnected.  If you find one, double-click it to see more details, then copy that info and paste it into a reply here.  If you don't see a new error, check back in an hour or so—the Reliability Monitor doesn't always update right away.