Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Destination Springfield: Norbert Walkthrough

Golden Train Teaser Pt. 1

After unlocking the 1st Lost Luggage Mystery Box
Auto starts

Milhouse: What's your next thrilling international adventure, Uncle Norbert?
Lisa: Yes, what culturally significant artifact will you be stealing from exploited natives to sell to the highest bidder?
Norbert: “The Golden Train”! Forged in Babylonia five thousand years ago.
Lisa: That's silly. Babylonians didn't have trains.
Norbert: Exactly. So either aliens gave them a choo choo, or someone did a “Back to the Future III”.
Milhouse: Both plausible!

Golden Train Teaser Pt. 2

After unlocking the 2nd Lost Luggage Mystery Box
Auto starts

Milhouse: Uncle Norbert, you're sending Springfielders to find clues to the whereabouts of the Golden Train.
Milhouse: But, shouldn't you be doing that yourself? I mean, you're the swashbuckling adventurer.
Norbert: Ye-es. But I thought someone else might like the fun of getting killed searching for cursed ancient artifacts.
Milhouse: That's so nice of you!

Generic Dialogue Intro

Norbert starts

Upon starting a new day in Norbert's Adventure Tasks, Norbert starts a quick random dialogue

Norbert: Another day, another transcontinental flight in a seat next to the bathroom.

Norbert: Another day!
Sea Captain: Arrr! More plundering the world's precious ancient artifacts.
Norbert: We prefer to call it “confrontational antiquing.”

Norbert: Fly to enough places, and we'll eventually find the clues we need.

Norbert: Hopefully today's treasures are in countries where they have Krusty Burgers.

Norbert: Let's see what perilous tasks we have available today.

The Mysterious Globe Intro

After starting the 2nd day of Norbert's Adventure Tasks
Auto starts

Norbert: This Lost Luggage Mystery Box contains something even more valuable than travel-size toothpastes…
Norbert: A hint to the whereabouts of the “Giant Globe of Directions”!
Norbert: A path has been inscribed on that Globe, by a narwhal tusk inlaid with lapis lazuli, that leads to the Golden Train.
Norbert: Here is your clue: walk where the stars in the sky look down at the stars in the ground.
Norbert: Your plane leaves in an hour. Pack light, the overhead bins are super-full.

The Mysterious Globe Pt. 1

Auto starts

System Message: Keep solving Norbert's Adventure Tasks before the end of the Act and win the Giant Globe!

Task: Collect Lost Luggage Mystery Boxes

The Mysterious Globe Pt. 2

Auto starts

Norbert: The seventh mystery box has finally revealed the location of the Giant Globe: right here in Springfield.
Mr. Burns: Yes, it's been sitting in my study ever since I bought it from an unscrupulous dealer in ancient artifacts.
Mr. Burns: You, Norbert, as a matter of fact.
Mr. Burns: Finish today's tasks and the Giant Globe is yours.

https://tstotopix.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/globe_menu.png?w=107
Task: Unlock and Place the Globe

Globe's possible messages on tap:

Globe: Argentina is named after silver (argentum in Latin), after the Silver Mountains legend.
Globe: The Simpsons' visit to Australia in "Bart vs. Australia" marked their first international outing!
Globe: Brazil is the most successful country in the world at soccer, having won five World Cups. Homer referees in Brazil in "You Don't Have To Live Like A Referee".
Globe: Canada has hosted the Winter Olympic Games twice. The Simpsons competed in the 2010 Games in "Boy Meets Curl".
Globe: The Great Wall of China is a series of branching walls totalling over 13,000 miles long. The mortar which binds the stones is made from rice!
Globe: Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean and is the only one to appear in the show, in "The Trouble with Trillions".
Globe: The Czech Republic used to be the Kingdom of Bohemia, and is now the world's largest consumer of beer!
Globe: Denmark has the oldest flag in the world, having adopted the Dannebrog in 1219
Globe: Egypt's pyramids date back almost 5,000 years ago to the Old Kingdom.
Globe: England's capital, London, is the most visited city in the world. The Simpsons first visited together in "The Regina Monologues".
Globe: Finland was the home to the first internet browser in the world, Erwise.
Globe: France is the most visited country in the world, and is where the Simpsons move to in "Bart-Mangled Banner" to escape America!
Globe: Germany is home to the world's first savings bank.
Globe: Greece's inventions include democracy, maps, the water mill, and geometry!
Globe: The Simpsons visited the world's largest democracy, India, in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore".
Globe: Italy really is the origin of the pizza, the first documented use of the term being in 997, nearly 800 years before the USA was founded!
Globe: Japan boasts the oldest royal family in the world, dating back to 660 BC. Emperor Akihito appeared in "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" when the Simpsons visited Japan.
Globe: Macedonia was home to Alexander the Great, the most successful general in history, whose empire was one of the largest of the ancient world.
Globe: Mali was home to the world's richest person in history, Mansa Musa. He had a net worth of around four-hundred billion, more than twice the fortune of Henry Ford!
Globe: Mongolia was home to Genghis Khan's Golden Horde. The Mongol Empire formed the largest contiguous empire in history!
Globe: Netherlands is home to the International Crimes Court in The Hague. Krusty was tried here in "Elementary School Music".
Globe: Norway is the most peaceful nation in the world. Why not go skiing there? They invented it!
Globe: Peru is home to Machu Picchu, an Incan settlement high in the mountains. The Simpsons visited in "Lost Verizon".
Globe: Portugal's royal court was moved to Brazil for over 10 years.

The Endangered Plane Intro

After the user logs in on February 12th
Auto starts

Norbert: Our next step in finding the Golden Train is a visit to the lost kingdom of Shambala.
Norbert: But we have to impress King Three Dog Night somehow to get his help.
Mr. Burns: Perhaps if you arrive in my Black Leather Plane. Covered with West African Black Rhino leather, and oiled with Steller's Sea Cow blubber.
Lisa: Those animals are both extinct!
Mr. Burns: Don't blame me. They were fine before I started building my plane.
Mr. Burns: But this plane will cost you. You better ask the Great Khan for a loan while getting the next batch of lost luggage.

The Endangered Plane Pt. 1

Auto starts

System Message: Keep solving Norbert's Adventure Tasks before the end of the Act and win the Black Leather Plane!

The Endangered Plane Pt. 2

Auto starts

Mr. Burns: One more day of tasks, and the Black Leather Plane will be yours.

Task: Unlock Black Leather Plane

Norbert: Now I'm off to visit King Three Dog Night, ruler of Shambala.
Norbert: If I'm not back in a week, send a change of underwear. Dude's an insane partier.

Norbert Van Wow-ton Intro

After the user logs in on February 24th
Auto starts

Milhouse: Uncle Norbert, you've been sending Springfielders on trips to get clues and artifacts for forever.
Milhouse: Shouldn't you start your own hunt for the Golden Train?
Norbert: Soon, Milly. But first, there's a certain lady in town I want to impress. A lady who, I think, married the wrong brother…
Luann: Ooh, Norbert. Tell me more…
Milhouse: Mom?
Norbert: Get me something as sparkling as Luann's smile from a land of capes.

Norbert Van Wow-ton Pt. 1

Auto starts

System Message: Help Norbert impress Luann by completing Adventure Tasks before the end of the Acts.

Norbert Van Wow-ton Pt. 2

Auto starts

Norbert: Sweet Luann, please accept this gift of a snorkel mask I found in the Lost Luggage Mystery Box.
Luann: Thanks, Norbert, but I'm really not interested in you. I was just trying to make Kirk jealous.
Kirk: So it's me you love after all.
Luann: I didn't say that. I just said I like hurting your feelings.
Norbert: Well, I suppose it's finally time for me to complete my quest to find the Golden Train.

Task: Unlock Norbert's Plane

Strangers on a Golden Train Pt. 1

Norbert starts

Norbert: The final step on my quest to find the Golden Train is a visit to an ancient hermit who lives high in the Himalayas.
Grampa: If you want to jaw with a senior, I can tell you where the Golden Train is right now. I won't even ask for a hunk of licorice.

Task: Make Uncle Norbert Listen to Grampa Babble
Time: 3h

Strangers on a Golden Train Pt. 2

Norbert starts

Norbert: Dammit, Abe, stop rambling and tell me where the Golden Train is, or I'll drop you out of my plane without a parachute.
Grampa: That's exactly what Amelia Earhart did to me.
Grampa: We was looking for a coral atoll to land on, and I said, “I ain't payin' no toll”...
Norbert: Aaargggh!
Grampa: Fine, Reverend Lovejoy's got it. He collects trains, you know.
Norbert: Then perhaps I'd better whip him into shape. With my whip.

Task: Make Norbert Practice With the Whip
Time: 1h

Strangers on a Golden Train Pt. 3

Norbert starts

Rev. Lovejoy: So the Golden Train is valuable? Geez, I bought it online for like, five dollars.
Norbert: It is a sacred object from the dawn of mankind, with a history that surpasses our uttermost capacity for wonder and awe.
Lovejoy: What are you gonna do with it?
Norbert: Stick it in a parking lot and charge fifty cents to see it.
Norbert: Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some advertising to do.

Task: Make Norbert Drop Pamphlets Off With His Plane
Time: 3h
Task: Place the Gold Train
  • @LPNintendoITA My game is stuck at the task: Unlock Norbert's Plane...right before Strangers on a Golden train Part 1. I've collected all Norbert's prizes and it went through the script, but when I tap on Norbert in my taskbook to do the 'unlock Norberts Plane' task it just keeps sending me to the airport to send passengers. I've been doing this over and over and nothing changes. I even have Grandpa a Luann free. Ideas?
  • "00becker;1576762" wrote:
    "IckabodSchrek;1576715" wrote:
    @LPNintendoITA My game is stuck at the task: Unlock Norbert's Plane...right before Strangers on a Golden train Part 1. I've collected all Norbert's prizes and it went through the script, but when I tap on Norbert in my taskbook to do the 'unlock Norberts Plane' task it just keeps sending me to the airport to send passengers. I've been doing this over and over and nothing changes. I even have Grandpa a Luann free. Ideas?

Wait for tomorrow. You should be awarded Norbert's plane for completing his adventures tomorrow instead of an airport expansion piece (just like the globe and black plane in acts one and two).

Ahhh :) Thank you! Patience isn't one of my best features :D
  • "LPNintendoITA;1576776" wrote:
    Snafu is a word for problems error no fbomb there

I know, but I was aware of what the acronym stood for....just having a little fun :)
  • The final quest for Norbert unlocks one you complete the 7 normal flight challenges for this week.