Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Maximizing Blueprints?

I find its more helpful when you are more short of time.
  • I choose smallest always, because otherwise i go through cans too quickly.

But I DO stock up in advance. WHICH IS TONIGHT. NOW. Do it now if you forgot!! :D
  • 4junk3000 wrote:
    I choose smallest always, because otherwise i go through cans too quickly.

But I DO stock up in advance. WHICH IS TONIGHT. NOW. Do it now if you forgot!! :D

Thanks, I'm stocked to the gill, it just seems like it goes so quickly. I figured there might be a "convenience fee" for using the largest option.
  • I always try to fill up as soon as I am done with the railyard tasks for the week. I always forget it's railyard day until about halfway through the day Tuesday so it helps me get caught up.
  • I haven't tested a solid week of doing large only, then a solid week of doing small only, to compare which completes the tasks faster.

But i've always assumed they work out evenly. I'd like to know if this has been confirmed.

But when i choose large, it seems i'm not tasking the characters as frequently. it seems to require more cycling of the metal in between the glass and plastic, leaving those characters doing nothing.

i guess it doesn't matter enough to think about it. the last two times i had 4 days to spare. and that was while doing the olympics stuff too.
  • I honestly do not know if it's more advantageous to do this or that with the railyard. I've asked my secretary to look into this but she's always on her damn phone and not working like she should be. Maybe i need to have her start documenting this stuff in excel. I'm not in the office today; took the day off for the update, but my bet is she's doing her nails or texting instead of doing what I asked her to do. Course she needs my phone to get the official data. Sometimes I think she just goes through my pictures and contacts.
  • When it was 70k prints per week I went for the highest and usually tapered off going for smaller bundles once I was over 68k if it made sense to me. Then I would take the remaining time to restock my piles going into the next week.

Now that it's down to 25k prints per week, I go maximum all the time and usually finish by the end of the day, spending Wednesday to restock materials for next week.

The only exception to this is if I got a week that seems uneven in regards to what is requested for more blueprints. If I find I'm collecting the same material over and over and over again and the other two piles are maxed out, I burn through lower # of plans to try and get the other two materials to come up.
  • I'm pretty sure that the larger payouts consistently give a higher blueprint/materials ratio. I always do the larger ones until I am close to the finish line.