Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Amilyn Holdo is OP!

I've just seen the kit for Amilyn Holdo, and although I haven't seen any tests she looks like she can be very overpowered. This wouldn't be too bad, except

• She's a slightly annoying character who never is in direct combat and is not worthy of this power
  • Her abilities and resistance synergy is very, very strong and means that resistance are going to easily become the new meta, far outstripping anything else due to their foresight and expose and daze (probably the most powerful status effects in the game)
  • Other characters we've seen so far, such as Kylo Ren unmasked, are SO underpowered in comparison, despite him being another tank.

Maybe she's not too overpowered alone, but put her in a team with Jedi Training Rey, BB8, R2D2, and GK/CLS and anyone facing that is going to seriously suffer. Perhaps the First Order will get a boost if/when we get Snoke and Praetorian Guards, but at the current time this looks ridiculous.

Please can someone explain why this has happened? I don't think it's fair that resistance are getting such total dominance.
    • "Kyngzilla;c-1441780" wrote:
      "leef;c-1441768" wrote:
      "Kyngzilla;c-1441745" wrote:
      Oh no. Never said that. I said state the reason. You said anyone who disagrees with me is racist and sexist, not me.

That's not what you said.

"Kyngzilla;c-1441718" wrote:

Like I said I'd rather people just own their racism and sexism than hide behind **** reasons and excuses.

Maybe i don't understand what you meant by this, but it seemed to me you don't want to hear reasons, you just assume they're excuses for racism and sexism. I'm sorry if i misunderstood.

So you don't think that some people dislike the characters because they are female and one is Asian?

Because when I say I'd rather then own their racism and sexism I mean those with flimsy reasons like... I dunno insert reason A, are more than likely hiding something.

If the reason is, related to the movie and something explainable then ok take it at face value.

I'd rather someone who is screaming about diversity and SJW to say what they mean instead if hiding behind some buzz words to stir up emotions.

If the problem with the characters is not the way they were written, if the problem is they are diversity hires then we have to ask what the issue with them being diversity hires is. Is the person making the remark an actor who didn't get that role? Or is it someone who has a problem with diversity? And people who have problems with diversity tend to be racist or sexist and if that's the case just say so in the start so people have a clear understanding.

That's my point.

Also my other point on topic is Holdo is not as good as people thought she would be.

You are here to argue. 99% arguing off-topic, after-thought 1% on topic out of obligation.

How is it that this conversation hasn't been:

1) removed from the thread?
      2) thread closed?

@Kyno I've been tagged for a whole lot less. Where is the moderation here?
    • "Fatzke;c-1441763" wrote:
      So, do we already know if she is op? Or is she just very good and a good addition to JTR and worth replacing another toon?

"dimi4a;c-1441235" wrote:
      unlike Finn who i dislike!

That's racist! :D

My opinion is not dictated by gender or race but whether the charcter is good or not! In this case Finn is just a kitten character unlike Mace and Lando who are cool cats.
    • "Kyngzilla;c-1441750" wrote:
      "Talilover;c-1441747" wrote:
      "DedrickRogue;c-1441702" wrote:
      "Talilover;c-1441689" wrote:

I just know when i saw some women in a dress with purple hair calling herself admiral i was suprised

Why? The most famous and fan favorite Admiral is a fish.

Ps Vice-Admiral btw

A very professional fish who didn’t show up to the command bridge in a ball gown with unatural hair color...but then again the latter wouldn’t be possible for him

... Soooooo.... The man fish you don't have a problem with, and let me reiterate, man fish, a fish head with a man body, but purple hair is unnatural?

Man fish

Purple hair

Purple hair

Man fish

So in a FANTASY universe where Thrawn is blue you think purple hair is unnatural? There are clones in this universe right besides what can be interpreted as magical powers.... But purple hair suspends your disbelief?

Called suspension of belief, it is set in a sci-fi universe so of course aliens are understandable. But up untill this point everyone in the rebel/resistance alliance at least looked like military personnel

Holdo looked like a tumblr user going to some charity ball or something