Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Draws

How do you all feel about the way draws are handled in the game?

• Keep it as is?

• Should the team with the most toons left standing win?

• If both teams had the same number of toons left, should that be a draw?

• Or should the amount of protection and health left in the remaining toons determine the winner?

• Or perhaps something else I didn't consider?

I'm just curious how others felt. I just had a draw where I had more toons left, and momentarily thought maybe I should get the win. But after some thought I wondered about how many defensive holds I've gotten as a result of the current system. So my opinion is keep it as is.
  • Some defensive squads play for a draw. So you have to keep it as it is, or you're removing the viability of some teams.

I'd be interested in ways of making unbeatable teams beatable though.

My idea is to remove 1 character from an opponent's GAC defence in exchange for 1 free max banner win worth of points given to your opponent. This way an unbeatable team maybe beatable, but at a cost.
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Coffee4Closers;d-256693" wrote:
    How do you all feel about the way draws are handled in the game?

• Keep it as is?

• Or should the amount of protection and health left in the remaining toons determine the winner?

• Or perhaps something else I didn't consider?

I'm just curious how others felt. I just had a draw where I had more toons left, and momentarily thought maybe I should get the win. But after some thought I wondered about how many defensive holds I've gotten as a result of the current system. So my opinion is keep it as is.

All of your suggestions don't account for draws via full clear
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    I know it feels odd to call it a 'draw' when you feel you are winning, but the win conditions are not do 'better' than the enemy, they are, "clear all enemy units within a five minute time limit." If you can't do that, you've failed. They don't call it a 'defeat' because they reserve that for the special case of where you've done so bad that you've been completely cleared by the enemy in five minutes.

But it is a defeat. One of the win conditions is to do it within the time limit. You didn't. You don't need to be rewarded for that.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2366231" wrote:
    "Coffee4Closers;d-256693" wrote:

All 3 of these suggestions have a major flaw.

If you kill an enemy unit first, you could just let the match timeout on your next turn and be handed a win.

In the final suggestion you could just take in Raid Han, shoot first then sit on your hands for 4m 59s and get the win.

Excellent points. Those are obvious flaws that I completely missed when I was thinking about this.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,269 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago