Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Got the "Like" button back. Would like the downvote back, too.

I know this fosters a more positive environment, but the down vote got the message across loud and clear. When we were told to, as a guild, Just go find new players with the right ships and toons for platoons' that post got a near avalanche of downvotes. Made the platoons good for a while after... though we're not back to where we started.

Point is, it takes some thick skin to come on here, I know, but maybe accept an avalanche of down votes on a dev or mod post is saying something that needs to be re-thought? The whole community has more experience with the game then you do. Let go, be guided by the force. Balance requires both the light side and the dark side.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/79a8127c0439178a7dad33aef21df358/tumblr_ojb8ugIxv61va2bi6o10_400.gif
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4390092-6015337542-43305.gif
When you stand before the altar or Mortis - all things are possible.
  • I'll give you an upvote for suggesting the return of downvotes. Removing them is implicitly stating that critical feedback is unwelcome.
  • "PremierVenoth;d-151673" wrote:
    I know this fosters a more positive environment

There's your answer. Won't happen.

• "JacenRoe;c-1406682" wrote:
    I'll give you an upvote for suggesting the return of downvotes. Removing them is implicitly stating that critical feedback is unwelcome.

Removing them is saying that it's okay to give critical feedback because you don't have to worry about people who don't like you downvoting your stuff out of spite.

As someone who has TWO accounts pretending to be me out of spite, I think it's a pretty handy thing to not have downvotes.
  • "NicWester;c-1406759" wrote:
    "JacenRoe;c-1406682" wrote:
    I'll give you an upvote for suggesting the return of downvotes. Removing them is implicitly stating that critical feedback is unwelcome.

Removing them is saying that it's okay to give critical feedback because you don't have to worry about people who don't like you downvoting your stuff out of spite.

As someone who has TWO accounts pretending to be me out of spite, I think it's a pretty handy thing to not have downvotes.

I agree, it got abused more than it was usefull. Also, those 2 accounts are both banned along with his other 3 accounts ^_^
  • No thanks, too many babies downvoting anything that doesn't fit in their head. Up votes are great, if you agree with someone, simply press the button. Why do you have to downvote somebody else's post that has their own opinion included?
  • "leef;c-1406774" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-1406759" wrote:
    "JacenRoe;c-1406682" wrote:

I agree, it got abused more than it was usefull. Also, those 2 accounts are both banned along with his other 3 accounts ^_^

Really? Huh. I was okay with NicWetster since the name was more noticibly different and his avatar was completely different. Ah well, no loss... Hopefully he takes the ban as a sign to go outside more. I'm nowhere near interesting enough to obsess over like that.