Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Grand Moff Tarkin Intimidation Tactics

Tarkin looked quite good the first time I saw him. So I began levelling him and now he's equal in level and gear with the rest of my team. However I must admit that I find myself greatly disappointed.

His basic attack is quite good. His Ultimate Firepower is so and so, the damage is definitely nowhere near Ultimate though. His Intimidation Tactics is however the greatest issue, since I picked Tarkin due to his Offense Down. However that power doesn't seem to work, it seems to be extremely rare that it procs that Offense down. Like maybe only one in every 8 or so activations.
  • Never works when it counts. He has a big potency issue, and both TM reduction and offense down rarely work.
  • Moff Potency is so low that it never lands. It makes since that it is low because both abilities can effect the entire team. For him to be as good as he seems a boost to potency would work wonders. While I am not sure the developers are planning on that kind up boost for him I have used him in GW with Kit Fisto. The potency up on his special allows Moff to land both abilities and because Kit has higher speed he will go before Moff (as long as Moff is not leading).

The team i run is Fett Lead, Moff, Kit, Veers, and Vader. I use it as a suicide squad and if they can survive the first wave of attacks this team put a decent amount of damage with all the AOE, Put DOTs, ability block and with Moff decrease turn meter for a 2nd wave of attacks. Not the best team by far but I have a bunch of lemons and this is the best i can do with who I have leveled and starred up enough.
  • "Shalom;404443" wrote:
    Dang, that's not something I want to hear. Been making my empire team for a little bit and was excited to see them add Tarkin. Been collecting him since the day he got put in Arena shipments and he's almost at 6* Sad to hear that what I thought would be his best ability is useless

Don't stop. Despite his potency issue, the Empire team will be necessary... And it's really fun to play with.
  • "LRMoser;404480" wrote:
    Moff Potency is so low that it never lands. It makes since that it is low because both abilities can effect the entire team. For him to be as good as he seems a boost to potency would work wonders. While I am not sure the developers are planning on that kind up boost for him I have used him in GW with Kit Fisto. The potency up on his special allows Moff to land both abilities and because Kit has higher speed he will go before Moff (as long as Moff is not leading).

The team i run is Fett Lead, Moff, Kit, Veers, and Vader. I use it as a suicide squad and if they can survive the first wave of attacks this team put a decent amount of damage with all the AOE, Put DOTs, ability block and with Moff decrease turn meter for a 2nd wave of attacks. Not the best team by far but I have a bunch of lemons and this is the best i can do with who I have leveled and starred up enough.

Kit has potency up? This is great news, as I have enough shards to take him to 6*, but was reluctant to promote him, as I've heard bad things about him