Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Increased difficulty?

Places of Power, challenge Tier 2- I’ve 3 starred it in the past. Today, despite significantly improved/relic’d toons I can’t complete it at all.
  • "AlexanderG;c-2197725" wrote:
    "DarkHelmet1138;c-2197722" wrote:
    Ep, vader, Darth revan, dark Bastilla, and malak beat it pretty easily. Just spam debuffs for extra tm and let palp's unique and dots kill them.

I tried with see lead and with him under ep but it appears his linked is bugged and it doesn't steal protection right. It turned out the extra debuffs and staggers from bsf were more valuable than see giving protection to the team since his kit only appears to half work for the event.

Another triumph in respect of SEE then.

I think he'd be ok in the assualt battle if linked was working as described. It's just bugged.
  • "RufusDogbreath;c-2197793" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-2197763" wrote:
    Are you running the same team as when you beat it before? I found that although I had trouble with Drevan lead, switching to Palp lead for Challenge t2 helped me beat it fairly easily.

Thank you (and @DarkHelmet1138) for this. I had ran Drevan lead before, and was running that today (and failing), but when I switched to Palp lead, I was able to clear fairly handily as well.

Thanks again.

Yeah the +30% max health is vital to surving the initial onslaught.
    kiar1404
    New Spectator
    I tried T3 5 times with Palp, DR, Malak, BSF, Nihilus - always killed in phase 8 (did 3 stars last time).
    Gave up, put in SLKR, KRU + Trash ... hit auto and 1 hour late it was done.
    SnuggeSnuggles
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "kiar1404;c-2197902" wrote:
    I tried T3 5 times with Palp, DR, Malak, BSF, Nihilus - always killed in phase 8 (did 3 stars last time).

SLKR + KRU works well unless you get really unlucky in the last wave and they target SLKR before he’s done his initial ultimate, as they can take him out during their initial barrage. Somehow the enemies in the last wave can ignore KRU taunting.
  • For next time the event comes around - a really useful team is:

EP(lead), Vader, Dooku. Sion, and BSF.

I beat T2 on the first try every time with this comp. It’s just a ongoing festival of debuffs and stuns. For point of reference, my Vader is R4, but the rest of the chars are G12. If I had the whole team relic’ed, they could probably take out T3 pretty easily.
    Konju2
    Seasoned Newcomer

Unfortunate it didn’t work for you initially. I use this same Sith lineup and got T3 on the first try. I know a couple of my guildmates had your same experience, though.
  • "Konju;c-2197964" wrote:

Unfortunate it didn’t work for you initially. I use this same Sith lineup and got T3 on the first try. I know a couple of my guildmates had your same experience, though.

I use vader rather than nihilas. It may be because my vader is r7 and my nihilas is g12 but I find the added tm train you get from vader makes up for not having the annihilate.

I rarely use his saber throw and mostly spam merciless and force crush as much as possible to keep the debuffs and ability blocks plentiful. With a little luck the last enemy dies with a ton of debuffs and you get enough tm to go before the enemies in the next round with Darth revan or Bastilla to fear them or ep to stun them.
  • "Konju;c-2197984" wrote:
    I have tried the event with Vader (also R7) and I simply had mixed results. It could definitely be how I have him modded that I experience these mixed results (success or failure in the last wave). My Nihilus (R4) survives better and the team takes reduced damage due to annihilating one of the characters at the start of every wave.

Always happy when Vader works. It is nice when more than one comp can complete these difficult events.

Yeah mine is modded for speed and potency. I find that works better than modding for damage in almost every case. You land more dots and get your damage back anyway.
  • Yeah, I noticed tier 3 was more difficult this time around as last time I 3 star T3 on first try with Palp/Vader/Malak/BSF/DR. This time it took me a few tries managing the TM of my toons at end of each wave, especially end of wave 7 so my vader and DR can go first before GMY.
  • "sloweagle;c-2198221" wrote:
    Yeah, I noticed tier 3 was more difficult this time around as last time

It wasn't.

The only thing that changed (protection) was prior to the previous time.