Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Jedi Faction

Forgive me if I might have missed an explanation on this in the live Q&A. I was concerned about this particular part in the game, the Jedi. Is there any plans for these guys to ever get a rework or a faction pass in the future or is it just hopeless? The reason why I'm asking this is because I've been in the game for 2 years, I think & I have never seen any focus or mention of an improvement to the Jedi. When zetas came out, Qui Gon Jin & Yoda shined for a short while then disappeared. Barriss zeta was significantly merged back then. Since then we have seen an addition of other jedi such as Ezra & Kanan, but they never really did anything good for the Jedi. They more likely improved the Phoenix & Rebel factions more than the Jedi. Moving forward we had Hermit Yoda. He had potential to do much but even he was not good enough to bring the Jedi back. Hence we were introduced to light side characters with light sabers (yes I know not everyone who has a light saber is a Jedi or a Sith) so we had rebels with light sabers, & one without another tag except for light side. I'm concerned about this because right now we've had a Nightsister rework which was very good, a First Order rework, two Sith reworks (yes two), now we are expecting a bounty hunter rework & there was mention of a separatist rework somewhere. Yet, nothing about the Jedi. What's worse is that now with other reworks, bonuses are added on characters such as Darth Vader & Palpatine to make the Jedi even weaker than they already are. They hit like wet noodles, even with the buff from Grandmaster's Training buff, & damage buff from QGJ's leadership. You literally can't do anything with them in the game that you can't do way better with other characters. But like I said, maybe it was mentioned & I missed but if anyone has information on this please help. Another concern is the nerf on Visas Marr's assists. Why is it that Visas Marr can't have multiple assists at one turn but Gar Saxon can do it as much as possible? Please help.
  • Jedi are on the docket.

That said, they have a lot of excellent units. They just don't come together very well, and lack damage output.

Supposedly, prequel territory wars are a work in progress, so I wouldn't be surprised if a Jedi rework came with a Galactic Republic rework, at the time Galactic Republic territory battles dropped. After all, the non-Galactic Republic Jedi are not the problem. Ben, Ezra, Kanan, and Hermit Yoda are all genuinely good units.