Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Malevolence Galactic Chase

While I'm happy that newer people will get the ship sooner, it feels like a real kick in the pants to us folk who literally grind for a about a years worth of TB's GET2 currency for the ship.

Is there any consideration for people who already have the ship to convert excess shards from this event into GET2 currency? Feels like a fair move and would make many happy, including myself.

Saving GET 2 for mal, or nego is no joke and is a huge sacrifice.
  • "Kyno;c-2302609" wrote:
    "PC_LILEDG3;d-249899" wrote:
    While I'm happy that newer people will get the ship sooner, it feels like a real kick in the pants to us folk who literally grind for a about a years worth of TB's GET2 currency for the ship.

Is there any consideration for people who already have the ship to convert excess shards from this event into GET2 currency? Feels like a fair move and would make many happy, including myself.

Did you feel this way with the doubling shards too?

Or new gear levels, as players can do events with higher gear, making them easier.

There are many situations where new players have a different situation than older ones do. Not sure any of this is in any way effecting older players, especially not in a negative way.

I dont feel thay way about doubling shards at all. It's not a big of an investment. They cut 3 month grind to 1 and a half.

It took a year to get Malevolence or Nego whichever route you took and completely dependent on how many stars your guild was earning early days of GeoTB. Not 3 months.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2302612" wrote:
    Still relevant. But not as relevant. Sounds like we agree.

Ever so slightly my friend ?
  • All I'm saying is, let's shoot a little love and appreciation for the vets for sticking with the game so long. Is that too hard to say without being ridiculed?

A little extra GET 2 would go a long way in my book and I'm sure in many others.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2302615" wrote:
    "PC_LILEDG3;c-2302613" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2302609" wrote:

Or new gear levels, as players can do events with higher gear, making them easier.

There are many situations where new players have a different situation than older ones do. Not sure any of this is in any way effecting older players, especially not in a negative way.

I dont feel thay way about doubling shards at all. It's not a big of an investment. They cut 3 month grind to 1 and a half.

It took a year to get Malevolence or Nego whichever route you took and completely dependent on how many stars your guild was earning early days of GeoTB. Not 3 months.

And do you think Malevolence shards in Galactic Chase will shorten it all that much?

Idk about you but I've gotten alot of geo shards in this GCE in my daily farming. You could easily cut a few months off if you utilize your resources right and farm hard. Which I would encourage anyone who doesn't have it to do so.

• "Kyno;c-2302609" wrote:

Also, comparing doubling shards and giving away malevolence shards i wouldn't even put in the same book. Malevolence shards is a MUCH harder and completely different grind.

Its strategy and mass coordination with 49 other people hoping that everyone does their part each phase and praying the rng gods that tb doesn't crash mid cm to effect your PO at the end of the week.

Toon farming is singularly driven and you decide how fast you want a character. Not even the same!
    By your logic I should be upset there are packs to buy toons XD I could buy them too! Equal opportunity. And that is the difference ?
  • "PC_LILEDG3;c-2302613" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2302609" wrote:

Doubling the shards means they are getting the same investment in half the time, and saved more crystals for more gear.
  • "PC_LILEDG3;c-2302616" wrote:
    All I'm saying is, let's shoot a little love and appreciation for the vets for sticking with the game so long. Is that too hard to say without being ridiculed?

A little extra GET 2 would go a long way in my book and I'm sure in many others.

You get shard shop currency and easier access to events being that you will be more ready and more flexible due to being a veteran.
  • No one is ridiculing you. These are "catch up" mechanics. Pushing veterans out at the same time defeats the purpose, and these changes have no negative effect on your investment.