Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Meet my GA opponent

My opponent

ME

Is this GP difference normal? I just got GAS and he has him at r7 and SEE. So it's safe to say I won't win this GA.
    tiffer72
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Why can't the League be determined by GP and Skill Points...

So if your GP is over 6m whether you have 2000 or 4000 you can't drop to a league where players are 2m GP

The opponent full cleared and I will be lucky to get 10 points:

tiffer72
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Salatious_Scrum;c-2363937" wrote:
    "Natetiffer;c-2363474" wrote:
    Why can't the League be determined by GP and Skill Points...

So if your GP is over 6m whether you have 2000 or 4000 you can't drop to a league where players are 2m GP

The opponent full cleared and I will be lucky to get 10 points:

All you need to do is attack once. Succeed or fail, you get 10 points to get the rewards

I should have said lucky to get more than 10 points, got 10 lol
    At least in current round my opponent only has 1m more GP and gave me doable front row
  • "cboath7;c-2364460" wrote:
    I got over promoted, i knew that - and was in K4 and not doing too badly - not great 1/3 usually, missed the final round robin somehow and somehow got squished down to A3...so yeah, i my experience, fail to sign up for one and you'll get dumped down hard.

That's mainly squish. There's a magnet drawing you to A3 basically and you're forever fighting to improve or hold ground.

You were in K4, demoted to K5 for not playing. K5 and A1 swap places and the fact you went 0-3 you got magneted to A3.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2364467" wrote:
    "harvestmouse;c-2364465" wrote:
    "cboath7;c-2364460" wrote:
    I got over promoted, i knew that - and was in K4 and not doing too badly - not great 1/3 usually, missed the final round robin somehow and somehow got squished down to A3...so yeah, i my experience, fail to sign up for one and you'll get dumped down hard.

That's mainly squish. There's a magnet drawing you to A3 basically and you're forever fighting to improve or hold ground.

You were in K4, demoted to K5 for not playing. K5 and A1 swap places and the fact you went 0-3 you got magneted to A3.

Though when you don't play a week, your sr stays the same, right?

You know, I don't know either way. However, would the Chromium 3 magnet not kick in and look at it as a 0-3?

I know I was just top half/half way down K5, went 0-3 in the last week and I got demoted to A3. A lot of that would be 'squish' I guess. So I would presume a 'non-play' would be dealt similarly to balance the divisions.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2364498" wrote:
    "harvestmouse;c-2364490" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2364467" wrote:

You know, I don't know either way. However, would the Chromium 3 magnet not kick in and look at it as a 0-3?

I know I was just top half/half way down K5, went 0-3 in the last week and I got demoted to A3. A lot of that would be 'squish' I guess. So I would presume a 'non-play' would be dealt similarly to balance the divisions.

As far as I know sr doesn't change if you don't play gac. The magnet you are talking about is the squish itself. You may get demoted depending on the sr change of the squish.

So my take on it, is this. You'll get demoted for being in div 5 at the end of the season. You'll then be subject to the squish magnet.

As you didn't win a game in the last week; you'll be subjected to the same squish as somebody who went 0-3.

That's my take on it anyway. As I went 0-3 in the last week of last season and went to A3 from K5. This player also did, but didn't play.

So my assumption is we were squished similarly. Pure conjecture though.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2364500" wrote:
    "harvestmouse;c-2364499" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2364498" wrote:

As far as I know sr doesn't change if you don't play gac. The magnet you are talking about is the squish itself. You may get demoted depending on the sr change of the squish.

So my take on it, is this. You'll get demoted for being in div 5 at the end of the season. You'll then be subject to the squish magnet.

As you didn't win a game in the last week; you'll be subjected to the same squish as somebody who went 0-3.

That's my take on it anyway. As I went 0-3 in the last week of last season and went to A3 from K5. This player also did, but didn't play.

Don't we all get squished the same number depending on the league we are in?

No, there are wastly different numbers people got squished up or down.
  • "MaruMaru;c-2364500" wrote:
    "harvestmouse;c-2364499" wrote:
    "MaruMaru;c-2364498" wrote:

Don't we all get squished the same number depending on the league we are in?

As I understand it C3 would be the magnet. Unless there is no need, then the nearest 3 would be. Unless there is no need, then the nearest division that has a need is the magnet.

Or maybe C3 is the most powerful magnet. However, if another magnet is nearer, you may be drawn to that one.