Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Next Marquee Event "Special Operations"

I'm off for a week(ish) but before I go I wanted to drop the outline for the next big Marquee event we will be running in late January (tentative). This is the event where you will be able to unlock Erasmus and Faust (see Conduit's posts for their latest data). I'm going to make heavy use of the same feature Escape from Jedha had by adding Erasmus or Faust into your squad. It's going to look like this:

Event 1: Use Erasmus to battle a Wiggs team, then a Rey/RG/QGJ team (eg: the current dominant meta and the previous dominant meta). This is meant to showcase how useful Erasmus is versus the current meta and other things you're likely to see in squad arena. This event will run for a few days and is configured like the lovechild of the K-2SO event and the Yoda event.You earn enough Erasmus shards to unlock him at, currently, 3-stars.

Event 2: Use Faust to battle some extremely strong but uncommon teams: Jawas and Droids . Again built like the child of the K-2SO event and the Yoda event. Unlocks Faust at 3-stars. This event starts a day or two after the first one and runs the same length of time.

Event 3: This event starts a few days after event 2 ends but no longer forces you to use Erasmus or Faust. Instead you're battling squads of the rogue one rebel units. It is also, tentatively, restricted to Dark Side units only. You'll earn enough shards of Erasmus and Faust to get them to 4-stars from this event.

Event 4: This is where we're trying something new that we hope is successful and well received, so I'm looking for thoughts on it. Event 4 will have only one mission, set at level 60, where you do 3 difficult battles then get a semi-random range of shards of Faust, Erasmus, or possibly one or two other highly desirable and very hard to acquire characters. Something like 2-8 shards is the current range. The key here is that this mission will be simmable once you 3-star it, and each refresh will grant TEN replays. but the refreshes will cost something like 1200-1500 crystals. I put a lot of thought into this, and It is definitely experimental. But I'm curious to know if you guys would see yourselves engaging in an event like this to power-up these new units. Also, the event would return periodically so each time it comes back you'd get 10 free sims/plays. The cost/benefit analysis is "do I want them NOW, or can I wait potentially several months for the free plays".

Happy Holidays everyone! Let me know your thoughts on this structure.