Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Player Level Cap

If this has been asked before, I just cannot find it.

Has anyone done the math to figure out just how much more powerful certain characters will become if we ever get a Max Level Cap Increase?

Personally with the introduction of ROTE, it feels like we need that Cap increase more than ever. At Minimum a 5 level increase, to level 90.

Side note: Hope everyone was able to check out Ashoka! Have a good day folks.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "Commanderjar;d-265391" wrote:
    If this has been asked before, I just cannot find it.

Has anyone done the math to figure out just how much more powerful certain characters will become if we ever get a Max Level Cap Increase?

Personally with the introduction of ROTE, it feels like we need that Cap increase more than ever. At Minimum a 5 level increase, to level 90.

Side note: Hope everyone was able to check out Ashoka! Have a good day folks.

We said the same with Geo. Level cap increase by itself doesn't really do much, except change the tenacity delta.

"Itsa_me_Malario;c-2436117" wrote:
    Do you have slkr? Pretty much you can do planet 1 to 3 in darkside with kru as ur tank and 3 randoms.
    JKL lead with JML and 3 jedis can do 3 light side planets.
    JMK plus CAT does the same.
    SEE with wat plus sith empire does planet 1, SEE plus 4 randoms does Reek. Darth revan lead and sith empire plus SEE does planet 3.
    For middle I use CLS for first planet.
    Sith empire for planet 2
    Sith empire+wat for planet 3. This generally does 2/2 waves for me

Trench team is a much better place for Wat. Easy 2/2 on the first 3 planets.

Personally, I do awful on LS because I end up having to platoon the LS GL's, but Padme can sometimes eek out a wave or two. And if you have your full roster, JMK with BB does wonderful on planet 1, assume it stays that way if you have higher relic BB. I like to put CAT with Rey, so it works out for me.
  • "LordDirt;c-2436113" wrote:
    What are you struggling with in RotE?

Not totally struggling, was more or less seriously interested in the number behind the Level Cap increase. I.E. How much protection could JML get up to? Offense of certain character able to hit 20k?! Just a random thought i had.

By the way, i've seen your comments on other threads, and i love your quote with your post. Give us Cobb Vanth!!
  • "StarSon;c-2436121" wrote:

We said the same with Geo. Level cap increase by itself doesn't really do much, except change the tenacity delta.

Not true.
    Stats based off of str, agi, tac are affected by level. (Might just be pd)
    I believe damage mitigation, crit avoidance and crit chace are also affected.
    I will try to get the equations later.

Str, agi and tac go up based on growth modifier x level

stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Strength
    stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Agility
    stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Tactics

Those will affect base stats
    stats.base = (stats.base || 0) + stats.base * 18;                                            // Health += STR * 18
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + stats.base.primaryStat ] * 1.4, 8); // Ph. Damage += MainStat * 1.4
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 2.4), 8 ); // Sp. Damage += TAC * 2.4
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.14) + (stats.base * 0.07), 8); // Armor += STR*0.14 + AGI*0.07
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.1), 8); // Resistance += TAC * 0.1
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.4), 8); // Ph. Crit += AGI * 0.4

Damage mitigation is also affected by level (this will be similar to the tenacity delta)

function convertFlatDefToPercent(value, level = 85, scale = 1, isShip = false) {
    const val = value / scale;
    const level_effect = isShip ? 300 + level*5 : level*7.5;
    return (val/(level_effect + val)) * scale;//.toFixed(2);
    }
  • "Kaerindal;c-2436570" wrote:
    The stats you get from levels are relatively miniscule and unlikely to change anything.

If we did get a level cap increase, the only real payoff would be more tiers of skills.

Doubt ful, New skill level would come with new skill mat or be an omi, so not really helpful outside of fleets or the specified game mod.
  • "scuba;c-2436140" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-2436121" wrote:

Not true.
    Stats based off of str, agi, tac are affected by level. (Might just be pd)
    I believe damage mitigation, crit avoidance and crit chace are also affected.
    I will try to get the equations later.

Str, agi and tac go up based on growth modifier x level

stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Strength
    stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Agility
    stats.base += floor( stats.growthModifiers * level, 8) // Tactics

Those will affect base stats
    stats.base = (stats.base || 0) + stats.base * 18;                                            // Health += STR * 18
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + stats.base.primaryStat ] * 1.4, 8); // Ph. Damage += MainStat * 1.4
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 2.4), 8 ); // Sp. Damage += TAC * 2.4
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.14) + (stats.base * 0.07), 8); // Armor += STR*0.14 + AGI*0.07
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.1), 8); // Resistance += TAC * 0.1
    stats.base = floor( (stats.base || 0) + (stats.base * 0.4), 8); // Ph. Crit += AGI * 0.4

Damage mitigation is also affected by level (this will be similar to the tenacity delta)

function convertFlatDefToPercent(value, level = 85, scale = 1, isShip = false) {
    const val = value / scale;
    const level_effect = isShip ? 300 + level*5 : level*7.5;
    return (val/(level_effect + val)) * scale;//.toFixed(2);
    }

I forgot to thank you for this! Very helpful for what i was asking for. Everything is cumulative, so every bit we can get a edge on is helpful for the long term.
  • The stats you get from levels are relatively miniscule and unlikely to change anything.

If we did get a level cap increase, the only real payoff would be more tiers of skills.