Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Qui Gon Zeta or Zeta Vader

Getting my first Zeta today and I'm mainly considering qui gon's leadership or vader's leadership. I'm looking a fair bit for utility but primarily arena viability. I'm leaning towards zader but it also seems like a Jedi are on a rise again so I'm not quite sure. I'd appreciate input. My toons for reference: https://swgoh.gg/u/yeezy/
  • With your current roster you would benefit more from a Zader lead, but QGJ makes the Jedi a very formidable team with his leadership if you choose to work on gearing them up. Zader works extremely well in the Pit Raid, so there's that aspect as well.
  • If I had it all to do over again I would choose QGJ over Vader. I basically wasted a Zeta on Vader to play around with HAAT teams that are not as good as my Droid/Jawa team.
  • I use a zQGJ lead Jedi team. They're very good in AAT and can be in arena. A zVader team can be great vs Rancor and in arena. Looking at your roster, you could build a better zVader team than a zQGJ one right now. ZVader (L), EP, Sid, RG, TFP is a decent dark side team. It wouldn't take much for you to gear up RG and TFP.
  • Good advice from everyone. Another thing and this is if you're thinking slightly longer term might be to wait to see what Thrawns kit is and JKL. But like it was stated as of right meow you're better off with Zader, but If you have GK or are close to him, ZQGJ is a strong possibility, especially with JKL (assuming he has a good kit) Then again that's in August and you can get 40 more Zeta by then anyway.

• "Krayden_Phogg;c-1120025" wrote:
    Good advice from everyone. Another thing and this is if you're thinking slightly longer term might be to wait to see what Thrawns kit is and JKL. But like it was stated as of right meow you're better off with Zader, but If you have GK or are close to him, ZQGJ is a strong possibility, especially with JKL (assuming he has a good kit) Then again that's in August and you can get 40 more Zeta by then anyway.

Is JKL Jedi knight Luke, or is it someone else? If it is Luke, was it confirmed that he's coming in august?
  • Both are good. Depends if your go to squad is Jedis or Siths/Empire.
    Though I will say, if you go dark side, Vader is outclassed by Maul Zeta and is unable to beat him (I have maxed out Zader Empire squad).
  • Imo I'd go with qgj, my first zeta was maul a few months ago and now I wish I had kept gearing my jedi. I do have zqgj now and my jedi are getting close to becoming arena worthy but without gk or possibly baze they just don't cut it in high end arena.

I can't compare him to zvader as I've never put one on him but I do very well in gw using zqgj, ani, yoda, ezra and r2, between the assist calls, yoda and r2 you have a lot of control using stuns, many fights in gw I have 3+ enemies stunned before any if them gets a single turn.

I'm also really hoping for a faction pass for jedi to make them viable without gk so IF that happens and without seeing thrawn in action I'm going to say empire will still fall short in top end arena. But overall it's what you prefer, arena qgj, raids Vader.