Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thermal detonators

So thermal detonators are one of the worst things in this game. The fact that they are a debuff makes no sense at all.

So to make them actually somewhat respectable I propose this:
1. Thermal detonators are not debuffs
2. They can't be resisted
3. They have to do more damage, this could mean they do a percentage of a toons health or they do damage like a normal attack.
4. Also they should only blow after one turn it's hard to keep track of one that blow after one turn and others that blow after 2 turns
  • I'm fine with them *appearing* like a debuff (little red squares), but they should be locked on (like the debuffs inflicted by GG's enrage in the AAT raid).
  • Moving to correct sub forum. (Characters? , not sure) but that's where it's going for better Dev visibility.

I agree they need a rework. Some combination of all the suggestions, they are too easy to avoid and not worth all the trouble when they do go off.
  • Level up your Zam Wesell, detos become fun!

But yes, detos need a small countdown 3, 2, 1 on the icon, and should not be removable, and more dmg would be nice.

Maybe they should all have splash damage like Nute's deto.
  • My problem is that I kill the toon before they pop because I always focus on one toon at a time it's hard bounce between toon and toon that have them or not
  • Don't make it a 1 turn fuse for all detonators. If you do, they'll nerf the damage. They're terrible right now even with the damage, but you get more damage the longer the lead time is on the detonator (different toons have different length fuses on their detonators).

Instead, keep damage the same, but make 2 changes:

1. If any detonator goes off, all detonators on that character do. So maybe you have a bunch of 3-turn fuse detonators on a toon, and yo don't want to wait til the 6th turn for the last damage to be done. That's okay. On turn 3 when the first one goes off, it sets off the others.
    2. When cleansed, a detonator has a 50% chance to explode and do damage immediately rather than being dispelled. Each detonator is checked separately, but if any explode, they all do because the one going off sets off the others.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-1218265" wrote:
    Don't make it a 1 turn fuse for all detonators. If you do, they'll nerf the damage. They're terrible right now even with the damage, but you get more damage the longer the lead time is on the detonator (different toons have different length fuses on their detonators).

Instead, keep damage the same, but make 2 changes:

1. If any detonator goes off, all detonators on that character do. So maybe you have a bunch of 3-turn fuse detonators on a toon, and yo don't want to wait til the 6th turn for the last damage to be done. That's okay. On turn 3 when the first one goes off, it sets off the others.
    2. When cleansed, a detonator has a 50% chance to explode and do damage immediately rather than being dispelled. Each detonator is checked separately, but if any explode, they all do because the one going off sets off the others.

I think I would rather have them not be a debuff because if you cleanse then chances are they will all explode. Which isn't what it should be although it would add more strategy to the game

But your first point is a great idea for them. But if the fuse is longer it should do more damage
  • "Shadeslayer7;d-126209" wrote:
    3. They have to do more damage, this could mean they do a percentage of a toons health or they do damage like a normal attack.

They already do a percentage damage. The size of that percentage varies based on the level of the ability and the length of the detonation.

The only thing that needs changing on Thermal Detonators is that they should be dodgeable or resistable, but not both. Beyond that they're fine.
  • "NicWester;c-1219206" wrote:
    "Shadeslayer7;d-126209" wrote:

They already do a percentage damage. The size of that percentage varies based on the level of the ability and the length of the detonation.

The only thing that needs changing on Thermal Detonators is that they should be dodgeable or resistable, but not both. Beyond that they're fine.

I don't think that making them just non resistible would make them competitive