Forum Discussion

Calgacus66
Rising Novice
8 months ago

This might sound strange coming from me but…

I am wholly opposed to the introduction of gifts in the store. I think it might have dangerous consequences and this is why I don’t like it:

1. I haven’t seen evidence of huge demand from the players - so it feels as if it’s being introduced on a false premise (& at the expense of more genuinely requested QoL improvements)
2. It appears like a cynical attempt by CG to create a new demand and market for intra-guild gifting, made more cynical by the inclusion of LSBs which will inevitably drive demand.
3. Precisely because of the LSB disparity, it will inevitably encourage some people to try & work around lack of supply in the main store through transferring funds to guild mates to buy and gift on their behalf - this opens up security risks for players and the potential for fraud etc
4. Most worryingly this seems to create conditions for cyber bullying- eg more vulnerable, less mature or more anxious guild members might be pressured into gifting to others (perhaps to preserve a perceived at risk position in a guild, to strengthen a guild for events or to curry favour etc)

Gifts and rewards are a big part of what I do - and so is security and safeguarding. I have to say on first view, this system looks risky and on the face of it, a short sighted attempt to boost income at the cost of player safety.

CG I hope you’ve done the due diligence on this because it wouldn’t get past the North Pole’s Risk and Audit elves.

Edit - typo
  • In my guild only 2 players want to exchange gifts for lsb. Nobody is talking about other packs. I dont see any gifts coming to anyone inside my guild as a gift.. ...
  • "Gawejn;c-2459320" wrote:
    In my guild only 2 players want to exchange gifts for lsb. Nobody is talking about other packs. I dont see any gifts coming to anyone inside my guild as a gift.. ...

You should spend some time on the events discord, which is now full of people talking about guild swapping to buy themselves LSBs, starting alts to buy themselves LSBs, and any other way they can think of doing it. Crazy.
  • Maybe I'd gift my nephews something on their birthdays, but since neither are in my guild I can't so it's kinda pointless.
  • "TVF;c-2459326" wrote:
    "Gawejn;c-2459320" wrote:
    In my guild only 2 players want to exchange gifts for lsb. Nobody is talking about other packs. I dont see any gifts coming to anyone inside my guild as a gift.. ...

You should spend some time on the events discord, which is now full of people talking about guild swapping to buy themselves LSBs, starting alts to buy themselves LSBs, and any other way they can think of doing it. Crazy.

That is indeed crazy.