Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Tw sandbagging and Total defense spots

So we are a 99mil gp guild the team across from us is at 103 mil gp so we shouldn't be playing them...but wait 1or 2 members didn't join and now they are on are lvl. Its not cheating but it still stinks, I'm not really upset with that. What I am upset about is that we get punished because since they are missing players we can only set 24 defensive teams we have all 50 we should not be punished for another team being unable to produce weather it is intentional or not.
  • "Shanara68;c-1393075" wrote:
    Our guild has all 50 members locked in and yet we can only place 23. So the guild (with 10.5mil more gp)that sandbagged to drop into our bracket only sent 46. We should be able to place 25 in our areas and them only 23. Since this is a much larger guild that chooses to manipulate the system they should be made to pay some consequences. By allowing the full 50 guild those 2 extra defense per area adds up to an additional 400 banners. As well as costing the other guild an additional 20+ squads to clear the 2 extra defensive placements per area. Would probably make these sandbagged a little less likely to do so if they have to start in a hole.

that would be super unfair. What if a guild only has 48 members?
  • "leef;c-1393226" wrote:
    "Shanara68;c-1393075" wrote:
    Our guild has all 50 members locked in and yet we can only place 23. So the guild (with 10.5mil more gp)that sandbagged to drop into our bracket only sent 46. We should be able to place 25 in our areas and them only 23. Since this is a much larger guild that chooses to manipulate the system they should be made to pay some consequences. By allowing the full 50 guild those 2 extra defense per area adds up to an additional 400 banners. As well as costing the other guild an additional 20+ squads to clear the 2 extra defensive placements per area. Would probably make these sandbagged a little less likely to do so if they have to start in a hole.

Then blame the guilds who use this substandard gaming practice to manipulate and ruin a perfectly good event. The first 2 where great, but, guilds have learned that if they drop down a bracket and have far superior squad and toons that they can get a whole 1 extra zeta. Even though some of the members of that guild have to miss out. Lame and pathetic. I've read numerous posts from guilds just not setting defense and not even attacking and taking the 2nd spot. So the huge negativity of this tactic is ruining TW at a very fast rate. It will crumble if the devs don't do something to stop this behavior from these greedy guilds. I pray they do something soon. The members in my guild have all but given up in this TW as the guild we are up against is 10.5 mil stronger and in a separate rewards bracket. I can't help the fairness issue, but, it's unfair for these guilds to prey on weaker guilds. Bullys all of them.
  • "Shanara68;c-1393439" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

Then blame the guilds who use this substandard gaming practice to manipulate and ruin a perfectly good event. The first 2 where great, but, guilds have learned that if they drop down a bracket and have far superior squad and toons that they can get a whole 1 extra zeta. Even though some of the members of that guild have to miss out. Lame and pathetic. I've read numerous posts from guilds just not setting defense and not even attacking and taking the 2nd spot. So the huge negativity of this tactic is ruining TW at a very fast rate. It will crumble if the devs don't do something to stop this behavior from these greedy guilds. I pray they do something soon. The members in my guild have all but given up in this TW as the guild we are up against is 10.5 mil stronger and in a separate rewards bracket. I can't help the fairness issue, but, it's unfair for these guilds to prey on weaker guilds. Bullys all of them.

So you're okay with unfair, as long as it doesn't affect your guild negatively. Gotcha.
  • "leef;c-1393448" wrote:
    "Shanara68;c-1393439" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

So you're okay with unfair, as long as it doesn't affect your guild negatively. Gotcha.

You must be a sandbagger
  • "Shanara68;c-1393451" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393448" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

You must be a sandbagger

No, i'm not. I'm also not looking for an unfair advantage vs sandbaggers. So i guess i'm better than both you and the sandbaggers. <3
  • "leef;c-1393490" wrote:
    "Shanara68;c-1393451" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393448" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

You must be a sandbagger

No, i'm not. I'm also not looking for an unfair advantage vs sandbaggers. So i guess i'm better than both you and the sandbaggers. <3

Then why are you here putting your 2 cents where you supposedly don't care? Nobody cares about your "superiority". If you don't have an issue with this topic then go somewhere else and annoy others with you greatness.
  • "Shanara68;c-1393523" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393490" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393448" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

You must be a sandbagger

Then why are you here putting your 2 cents where you supposedly don't care? Nobody cares about your "superiority". If you don't have an issue with this topic then go somewhere else and annoy others with you greatness.

I do care, not sure why you think i don't. That's why i responded. I only acted superior because you started throwing baseless accusations around simply because i didn't agree with you.
    I was hoping that my comments would help you understand that fixing something by making it just as unfair, but for someone other than yourself, isn't a great sollution.
  • "leef;c-1393535" wrote:
    "Shanara68;c-1393523" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393490" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393448" wrote:
    "leef;c-1393226" wrote:

You must be a sandbagger

I do care, not sure why you think i don't. That's why i responded. I only acted superior because you started throwing baseless accusations around simply because i didn't agree with you.
    I was hoping that my comments would help you understand that fixing something by making it just as unfair, but for someone other than yourself, isn't a great sollution.

I agree that it's not a perfect and even fair solution, but, sonething has to be done before TW falls out of existence. In just 3 TW's people are already giving up on it. That is not a good start. I'm just one mind CG has many and I'm sure that they can take bits and pieces from the players and put together something that will be fair. Our guild has won and lost, but, we enjoyed both as the matchups were fair. What these other guilds are doing is hurting the whole purpose of the event. What was once fun is now something that nobody wants or cares about doing. Why battle these larger guilds? Just give up and take 2nd is what's going around and it's accelerating at a phenomenal rate. Sad that this is what this event has come to, but, it's nothing more than the truth.
  • If you aren't in a top tier guild that can win by defense, why not just put really crappy defenses and save all your good teams for offense? I know some guilds that have done that and they easily tie for 2nd. If you can't win, drag the other guild down lol.