Forum Discussion

11 months ago

what is tw matchmaking rules

last tw,my guild tw joined gp 467m, Opponent guild tw joined gp 574m

there are big big big difference ,how does we matchmaking in tw ???

what is the tw matchmaking rules ???

• "Fellah;c-2448643" wrote:
    What I fail to understand about sandbagging is, what happens with the players that don’t participate and don’t get rewards? they happily agree?

Some guilds make it you do your kitten or don't join (mine is one of them), leads to a sandbag all the time cause TW rewards are minimal.
    I do 2/4 a month, did 0 for a long time and missing the rewards don't really hurt.
  • They are indeed not great but I would personally hate missing them, as an early game player I find everything useful.. zetas, get1, get2, gear, dc mats.. even guild activity currency. Long term it helps grow faster.
  • Hello there,

I happen to be in the guild you where facing. The problem is that if you lose 2 TW in a row you get a dip TW. We joined with all 50 so it was indeed a lopsided matchup so I do feel sorry for your guild.

To go a bit deeper into matchmaking (I dont know the exact details but do know the general gist of it)
    TW is based on 10 (or 11) round series. This means that after you faced a certain guild you can not match against that same guild again for 10 more TW.
    TW is still based on GP joined and starting from the biggest GP guild it'll find the highest GP joined that they did not fight for the past 10 TW and so on with the next highest GP guild etc. Exception to that is a guild that has lost 2 in a row which gets matched to someone way lower (I dont know what are the determining factors here)
    So in our guilds case we had lost TW and got matched to someone a lot lower even if we joined with all 50.
  • ridiculous, unfair,bullshit tw matchmaking again !

active gp difference 114m (449m vs 563m)

• Looking at our TW history we are at just over 50%, which I presume is what match-making wants to happen. So, while it is all pretty weird with lots of lopsided matches, I guess it is doing what is intended for our guild.
  • Which ever makes you spend more money lol. Sit back and enjoy the ride. If you win alot get ready to lose alot. Unless your in the top 100 guilds

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,269 PostsLatest Activity: 14 minutes ago