Forum Discussion

Aitipse_Amelie
Rising Newcomer
3 months ago

Why did they remove the pilot cam in fleet battles?

New update dropped, instead of the the old cameras on the ship's cockpits showing a model of the character piloting the vehicles, it was a nice way to show your characters in control of your ships, made the whole experience more immersive specially with fleet commanders like Thrawn and Grievous

We now have static images and I hate it

• It's pretty obvious why it got removed. Just another way for them to get lazier. Now they don't need to animate those little ship screens, whenever they add a new character or ship with it, they can just use the portraits. Classic CG.

MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot

I don't know why they changed it. I don't really care either way. If it can be reintroduced without hurting the performance of something or causing bugs, go for it. But it's not important enough for me to say that they should do it given how likely it is that it will be the source of new bugs. 

• Oh it would be great if they rolled this change back, the old pilot view was a very cool touch.

• Hard agree, I noticed it day 1 and yeah, the characters are low res but I dont care, I like seeing the pilots react to taking damage or blowing up. Its a small thing but its nice to see.