Forum Discussion

6 years ago

In two minds..

Hello guys I posted yesterday but have linked my account now so you can guys can see and tell me what you think?

Basically I was away for around a year and I’m in two minds whether to start over or continue, I think I have a pretty good squad, just want yours guys opinions also?

https://swgoh.gg/p/858614262/characters/
    Disruptor92
    Seasoned Novice
    "hello1234;c-1952275" wrote:
    "Disruptor92;c-1952264" wrote:
    @hello1234 I'd say keep working on your current account. No need to create a new one since you already have some decent and important toons. The only thing that you'll be struggling with is arena (as people previously mentioned). It is possible to catch up if you either invest a lot of money, or manage to get lucky at predicting the next meta and preparing beforehand. But if you're not too worried abour arena, then just keep playing your current account, everything will be fine. I don't know your shard, but I assume it's fairly easy to catch up to the top 200 even after a 1 year break if you know what you're doing. And from there you could work your way upwards. Best of luck!

And what would you advise doing bro?

My personal prediction is that Galactic Republic is going to be meta and dethrone Malak once and for all. But that is merely my own speculation, so not worth much. I think you should go for a JKR team first, from an efficiency standpoint. The event is easy, and you'll have a very, very strong allrounder team. Good for raids, good for arena, good for tw and ga, and tb as well. And the mod requirements aren't as strict as with some other teams like DR for example. In my opinion at least. With a Jedi Revan team you'll have a team for everything that's also very easy to use and mod. After that you could go for a Padme team or something, depending on how the meta shifts.
  • If you keep your current account, you will be able to contribute more to guild events (TW, TB and raids) and hence find a stronger guild than if you start over. Furthermore, with your current account, you can participate in GAC and earn som rewards there. With a new account you won't be able to.
    If you start over, you still risk ending up at the low ranks when you join arena, with the top ranking players far ahead of you (no, not months, but still far ahead). Since everyone is active in a young shard you can't just climb to top ranks at will. In your current account you should at least be able to climb to top-500.
  • Option C: Start a new account, buy a vault, join a heroic guild that basically needs a ticket generator, and get a jump on arena for consistent crystals going forward.

This will allow you to have a crystals to sustain success in your account assuming smart decisions. If you squander the vault of crystals, the money spent is a waste and you'll regret just not using your old account.
    Disruptor92
    Seasoned Novice
    "Austin9370;c-1952967" wrote:
    Option C: Start a new account, buy a vault, join a heroic guild that basically needs a ticket generator, and get a jump on arena for consistent crystals going forward.

This will allow you to have a crystals to sustain success in your account assuming smart decisions. If you squander the vault of crystals, the money spent is a waste and you'll regret just not using your old account.

I don't think one vault is going to cut it to be honest. If he really wants to catch up it'll at least take like 5 of them.
  • "Disruptor92;c-1954670" wrote:
    "Austin9370;c-1952967" wrote:
    Option C: Start a new account, buy a vault, join a heroic guild that basically needs a ticket generator, and get a jump on arena for consistent crystals going forward.

I don't think one vault is going to cut it to be honest. If he really wants to catch up it'll at least take like 5 of them.

On a new account? One vault will be fine to launch him into competitive gameplay. I would agree it would take multiple to continue his existing account.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 10 hours ago