Forum Discussion

1a5e75e8d96946d9
New Spectator
8 years ago

Squad Arena Basic Operational Question

Let's say I have a team with a power level of 20K. I enter the arena and win the battle. Then, without entering the arena again, I enhance all the characters used in that match via level, gear, mods, etc, making the effective new power level 21k.

1) When an opponent sees/faces my squad, do they face the 21k team or the 20K team?

2) If i reentering into the Squad Arena with a different team (say 18k power) and lose, is that the squad my opponents sees/faces?

3) Is GW based on the highest powered winning team, or highest powered team I enter the arena, win or lose?

Thank you much.
  • Your "defense team" is, I believe, the ladt team you fought with, win or lose. Your opponent should face them as they exist when they start the battle. So changing mods will affect it.

I thinking the reigning consensus is GW is based on the power (old scale) of the five highest you've ever won an arena battle with, but I don't know that anyone knows for sure.
  • Basically what u take into the battle will be the one others face, and what ever u done with those toons, before or after the battle will be updated and other will always face the newest version of those toons. And if u switch to another team in arena, not matter win or lose u team became those new toon u choose to use
  • Thank you. That completely answers my questions.

One follow up though. What happens to old arena shards? (I'm hoping I'm using that term correctly.) I understand that every 20,000 or so, new plays go into a separate arena group or "shard". I also know that this game is at least a year and a half old. I can imagine that some of the older shards are operating a 10%, 5%, or maybe even less active player capacity. Do these old shards ever get combined or players moved around?

Thanks again.
  • 1 and 2, like has been said. Defense squad is last squad used, and changes made on the characters is applied.
    However, GW is based, as much as is known and tested (and partially confirmed by a dev), on the five most powerful characters of your roster (old-style power), not on your most powerful Arena team ever fielded (nor current squad).
    Old Arena shards are not combined (until now, at least). I don't know how many players are still active in mine (at least a hundred, because I've drifted there some time ago, before climbing up). It probably depends from shard to shard, but I guess there would be quite a riot if they did combine older shards together.
  • "crzydroid;c-1196208" wrote:
    I thinking the reigning consensus is GW is based on the power (old scale) of the five highest you've ever won an arena battle with, but I don't know that anyone knows for sure.

GW selection was more or less confirmed in a thread a few weeks ago, and it's not this. (I want to say "this was disproven," but that sounds unnecessarily harsh--it was something folks believed for a long time, so it makes sense we all thought it the case.)

The combined power of your 5 strongest characters sets the difficulty for your Galactic War. Each node is a certain percentage of that power. The percentage starts kind of low and increases along the way, with difficulty spikes at 6, 9, and 11 and 12.

This is why so many folks have trouble with their Galactic Wars. They focus on their Arena team first, which leaves the middle of their roster underpowered and unable to be effective during GW. If your Arena team truly can brute force its way through all 12 nodes you're fine, but that's been difficult for a while!
  • "NicWester;c-1197134" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-1196208" wrote:

GW selection was more or less confirmed in a thread a few weeks ago, and it's not this. (I want to say "this was disproven," but that sounds unnecessarily harsh--it was something folks believed for a long time, so it makes sense we all thought it the case.)

The combined power of your 5 strongest characters sets the difficulty for your Galactic War. Each node is a certain percentage of that power. The percentage starts kind of low and increases along the way, with difficulty spikes at 6, 9, and 11 and 12.

This is why so many folks have trouble with their Galactic Wars. They focus on their Arena team first, which leaves the middle of their roster underpowered and unable to be effective during GW. If your Arena team truly can brute force its way through all 12 nodes you're fine, but that's been difficult for a while!

Glad that's confirmed. It's my understanding that it's still the old power scale though.

I think if your max team is an arena team with good synergy and speed/tm manipulation, you're good and can power through even at low kevels. I think when people polish turds it's annissue because health is/was unnaturwly weighted in the calculation. So you might easily end up with huge power values in Chewie and Nightsister Initiate, which would set your GW too high for what you can actually take on.