Forum Discussion

Luxray0
Rising Novice
7 days ago

Tie Dagger concussion mine issue

I don't know if CG is already aware of this issue but when the tie dagger takes its bonus turn, for some reason any concussion mines that are on the tie dagger will hit under protection when exploding, so the enemy fleet is always guaranteed bonus turn meter. The mines do not hit under protection in any other circumstance. I understand how this issue might arise but this certainly seems to be an unintended interaction. This can make a big difference in leviathan mirror matches. Does anyone at CG have an answer? I was not able to find the link to bug reports.

• Yeah, I've been experiencing that for a while. I just thought it was in a kit somewhere. Actually, as I was writing this, I checked TIE's kit and saw the Unique "Eradicate the Weak", particularly the final sentence: "At the start of TIE Dagger's turn, recover 20% Protection per enemy with less than 100% Health". But then I realized it still doesn't make sense. If it happens early during the battle, there are only 3 enemies, the Dagger loses health, but no protection. If we go by the Unique, you would have to have 5 enemies with less than full health for the Dagger to recover full protection. So, either it's explained in a different ability/kit, or it's a bug.

Also, while we're on the subject of bugs, Fear. It's supposed to be just like the character version, you get inflicted with Fear, if you get hit before you take a turn, it's gone and your cooldowns are increased, otherwise it causes you to skip your turn. Instead, at least on enemy ships (I rarely have the enemy Leviathan reach it's Ultimate first, so I don't pay as much attention), most of the time, the ship gets inflicted with Fear, if I hit it, it's still able to use its specials, if I don't, the enemy just dispels it and takes a turn like nothing happened.

Luxray0
      Rising Novice

Yeah I have also noticed that the fear from leviathan ult doesn't do anything to stop the enemy fleet from using their specials. Luckily, unlike the Tie Dagger issue, this never seems to impact the battle outcome at all. 

Its definitely not an intended mechanic. You can just look at the difference between when the Tie Dagger has concussion mines explode during its bonus turn, where all damage will be dealt under protection 100% of the time, and at every other situation where the concussion mines explode, because this never happens.

I imagine the Tie Dagger bonus turn was coded so that all damage dealt by the Tie Dagger ignores protection, and the concussion mines are coded so that the Tie Dagger is dealing the damage to itself. Similar to DOTs that always have the character inflicting themself with damage or Stagger where the character removes their own turn meter, for example. And since the Tie Dagger's hits are going under protection and the Tie Dagger is "hitting" itself with concussion mine damage, it goes under protection. But that's just speculation. I just posted this in the bug report forum today as well, so we'll see if CG responds.