Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Orient Express world collaboration

WORLD BASE    /    WORLD BUILDS by Destination    /  TRAINS & TRAIN STATIONS     /    WORLD MAPS

Background

Spoiler

In December 2019 I created a series of 3 lots to make a Christmas train for the BnS Challenge #221. Some folks liked the idea of adding additional lots to expand the train. Then I had an idea... how about the community collaborating to create The Orient Express (β€˜murder mystery’ train)? With the support from many talented simmers, this idea developed into reality. Inspired by actual photos, participants created and decorated cars for this train, as well as others. The Alpine train is fictional so designers had more creative freedom. See the destination posts below for details and links to all the creations. 

I also hoped to have a special world to showcase the trains. Due to the interest received, and with the CAW talent of Jessabeans, this became a much larger project. We created a world built around the journey of the OE from London - Paris - Venice. Each destination has a station to showcase the train cars decorated by community participants. Players can have their sims 'travel' around the world by moving their sims to the destination train engine cars (or other residential lots) as desired. Each destination also includes a wonderful mix of residential and community lots reflecting popular landmarks and architecture for that city. A great backdrop world for story-tellers as well. 

Over a year later we were still building and coping with the impact of the Covid pandemic. Jessabeans, world builder, bowed out to take care of her family and eventually only a few participants remained active. This project was put on hold until March 2024 when KarilynMonroe2 offered to help finish off the world base. A few remaining TS3 creators came on board behind the scenes and we diligently worked on wrapping up unfinished builds and abandoned claims while the world was being tweaked. 

PARTICIPATING CREATORS
iAMcianeSandraelle , romagi1, Jessabeans , soocoolsim , suzses , HollownessDevourr , BreeMiles , KarilynMonroe2 , Hidehi2  , 60smusicluvr , seaben , fxchrfxchr , equuest

LATEST BUILDS & NEWS!

RECOMMENDED SORT FOR VIEWING REPLIES: Newest