Forum Discussion

texansky
Seasoned Traveler
2 years ago

Install from Disks

I want to install my game to 1.67 on an older laptop so I can use EIG in CAW. I have two Sims 3 installation disks. One that came with University Life and the other was bundled with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff.

When I run the Autorun on each of the disks, I get a message in the bottom left corner that says "Powered by Origin". Does this mean that I can't use either of these disks to install to 1.67 since Origin is going away?
    Rflong7
    Seasoned Adventurer
    @DivinylsFan
    I believe it's the base game before 2012. Once you install the base game you can use the 1.67 patch and then install the rest of the stuff/eps disks (not downloads).

What warning? Don't install Origin.
    I had Origin already installed and blocked it once I read EA was going to an App. EA's history with updates is not good. Especially with CAW. :)

The Store stuff is installed through the Launcher. You won't have the newest launcher with the EP options.
    It's always been a pain with the Store. I just finished redownloading the whole store.
    DivinylsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    @Rflong7 I don't understand why you needed to redownload the whole store if you pared everything back to its earlier version. Why not use the old plumbob package files from a kept folder? If they're having the new problem then that would mean the efforts of reverting back to an earlier version didn't completely block EA and its app. That the store items have a thingy that connects to them, so then the whole thing is pointless.