Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Child aspirations!

We NEED more child aspirations, if I have to pick these same aspirations one more time I might have a melt down. Four is just not enough, do you guys think they will add more aspirations for children when we get a generations pack?
  • "Lex2221;14707559" wrote:
    "Scobre;14707544" wrote:
    I kind of wish there was a cooking/food one for kids, but that would require the return of the kiddie cooking oven.

You know what that would be good especially if they brought back lemonade stands and bake sales.

We could combine them!!!

• "luthienrising;14708998" wrote:
    "MasonGamer;14708879" wrote:
    ... I just realized I had no ambitions as a child. I just wanted to play video games every chance I had.

This is why I have no particular issue with ambitions being hard to achieve for Children or being not so varied. I don't actually think most people develop much ambition before their teens. Kids tend to live in the moment. Ambition is about your future self.

Before their teens? I've had an ambition since I was 7 and I'm still playing video games and watching YouTube. My best friend has an ambition too- to play video games and become a YouTuber!
  • "UniSloth;14708938" wrote:
    I kinda want a child's general outdoor-related aspiration, which combines a bit of the Freelance Botanist, Curator, and Angling Ace objectives!

I definitely agree. I was thinking like a collector's aspiration, which I think would make sense for a kid. Or an explorer's aspiration.

Maybe a bookworm aspiration, too. I know that goes along closely with mental, but make it so it melded creativity and writing together.

I also wish that childhood aspirations would effect sims personalities more. They obviously help with skill building, but what if they affected the way your sim reacts to different situations as they get older? Other than skill building, they become pretty obsolete.
  • I totally agree that we need more aspirations for children! What a great idea!! I would love to see some that aren't tied to skills. I like the ideas mentioned above about having aspirations for making money, collecting items, and playing video games. It would also be awesome to see a return of the lemonade stand and children's oven.
  • Would love more child aspirations. More stuff for kids to do to be honest.
  • > @Lex2221 said:
    > We NEED more child aspirations, if I have to pick these same aspirations one more time I might have a melt down. Four is just not enough, do you guys think they will add more aspirations for children when we get a generations pack?

There's always mods...